Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-16-2011, 02:27 PM   #10
Aikanáro
Chaotic Good

'Forgive my oversight, of course she may be seated with us,' said Ashkaio quickly, beckoning Rivailen over.

Rivailen, for her part, had deliberately been keeping her distance, waiting to see whether Anahera and her new companions would be amenable to their presence. The news that this man was from yet another unknown place on the other side of a portal she received with less surprise than she would have thought possible. The prospect no longer seemed shocking to her, and she exchanged greetings with him and accepted the seat behind him.

'I have heard nothing of this Yagluk either,' she told him, a hint of apology in her tone.

Ashkaio shook his head. 'I have learnt that he is no ally of your king,' he explained. 'I thought merely that your court might be the place to speak to someone learned or far-travelled enough to know his whereabouts. I know too that this is indeed the correct place, the position of the doorway was calculated by the stars, and-' for the first time he faltered in his speech and looked back at Elspeth. He would have to trust now that her information was not false.

She had given him no reason to mistrust her, he decided, and so he continued: 'The army that Yagluk leads is not one of men, but of other beings, such as I have learnt that your King Elessar fought against in your Great War. They are more alike to beasts than men, cruel and merciless in battle. Could it be that they dwell in your southern or eastern lands?'

Aikanáro is offline   Reply With Quote