Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Books
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-04-2010, 12:50 PM   #1
Tinman
Enting

Gimli Gimli, the Dark Lord of Moria

Since I didn't want to hijack another thread, and felt this idea could use a thread of its own, I'll ask it here:

What are the theorized results of a dwarf claiming the one ring?

I have a few mixed feelings on this. Lets take a decent enough dwarf, and the most likely candidate; Gimli. Gimli could have, presumably, taken the one ring. I think if he wanted to, he would have attempted to do so, much like Bormir. So lets assume the plot of the book went differently, and for some reason the ring found its way to his hands.

What would the effects have been if he decided to claim it as his own? We know dwarves are often overcome with Greed. While the original 7 did not effect the dwarves as intended, they most certainly did have an effect on them. I think its safe to say that Gimli would not turn invisible from it. Would he have a sufficient will to utilize it? Does will even matter? Could a dwarf physically master the ring, or would their creation origins prevent them from working with it in such a manner?
Tinman is offline   Reply With Quote