Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-13-2002, 03:02 AM   #1
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

Shadows in the East/ discussion

I am CONSIDERING running a game and calling it Shadows in the East.

To give myself and the players some leeway, am considering playing in the east and/or south of ME.

The connection to would ME would be that the Blue Wizards are ( or were) around.

With the premises that they went east to aid the free peoples of that region against the Shadows.

There were 7 houses of Dwarf fathers, so Dwarves are fine just none of Durins line.

I will assume that men and hobbits BOTH awoke in hildorien so they are available. But no Dunedain.

the elves woke in the East, and the avari stayed or migrated later, so you can be an elf but only an avari.

I would like to add this is my 1st time running as i usally am a PnP ( pen and paper) gamer and as a PC.( player character)

Due to this I would like to keep the numbers relatively low.

I will GLADLY accept SUGGESTIONS on world building. not that I will use them all, so don't feel bad if I decline, but this in my first venture so I will at least listen

All I ask is:

1) to keep it Tolkien-like( this is NOT DnD or the like)

2)no uber-characters ( no you can't be one of the blue wizards)

3) to keep it serious but have fun ( I'm not really into silly gaming)

4) to make this a co-creative process between myself and the players ( see bold face above)

5) not to rush things in the planning stage, so i would like to take my time and with your assistance make a good game.

I'll post more about this if anyone is interested

Thanks afro-elf

She was kown as dernhelm because of her exclaimation when she realized that the rider's headgear was heavy and obscured her sight.

'Dern Helm"

Culled from Entmoot From Kirinski 57 and Wayfarer.

Last edited by afro-elf : 03-13-2002 at 03:04 AM.
afro-elf is offline   Reply With Quote