Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-09-2009, 04:01 PM   #1
Coffeehouse
Entmoot Minister of Foreign Affairs

Our Planet's Future - Living Green and Healthy

Our Planet's Future - Living Green and Healthy

"Let us now say that we give everything collective a serious boost. Walking to the bus station, taking the bus or train more often, and then walking the remainder of the way to your work.. that in itself makes for a very little loss of comfort in comparison with driving the car to work. What do we get?... Less car traffic and some very pleasant side-effects: The air becomes cleaner in your neighbourhood, the noise level drops, there are less accidents, and just think about how much quicker your local bus or tram gets along with all those cars gone from the street" - Ottar Brox, Norwegian political scientist

I dedicate this thread to discussing all things green. In fact, it's not only green.. but also blue, and red, and yellow, and white, and all the other fresh colours nature endows us with free of charge. All it asks in return is that we do not pollute it, ravage it, burn it, destroy it. When we do we forget it and that's a change in mindset that is needed (speaking as an European) in the Western world.

We also forget that developing our urban lives to a healthier shade of green does not neccessarily mean undoing all the pleasant things we've come to enjoy, but on the contrary can provide just the sort of balance that our bodies and minds have been equipped with by nature. American environmentalist Sophie Uliano, and author of 'Gorgeously Green' writes (I've translated from a Norwegian translation in an article): "My mission is to help women understand that living green is absolutely possible for every single woman on this planet. I've found that a green lifestyle does not mean forsaking. Living green involves everything you get: A better figure, a better economy, a better immune system, a better society - the list goes on and on"

---------------

I'm going to try to add a lot more of the things I've read about over the past 6 months or so, from everything to Cormac Cullinan's 'Wild Law' to the forthcoming Copenhagen Climate Negotiations on December 7th to 18th 2009. It will hopefully replace the Kyoto Agreement so that every single nation on the planet comes around to agreeing how we solve the Earth's climate problem.

I hope this thread evolves into lengthy discussions, debates, with points of views from all corners of the world and every idea you ever had about climate problems, a greener world and last but not least... whether we can pull it off in time.

Last edited by Coffeehouse : 03-09-2009 at 04:05 PM.
Coffeehouse is offline   Reply With Quote