Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-26-2008, 02:19 PM   #1
Curufin
The Ñoldóran

Any interest in a First Age RP?

Hi, all...

I'm a Newbie here, but I'm an avid RP'er on other sites, and good RP is one thing that keeps me interested in a site. Hope nobody thinks I'm presumptuous for attempting to start a RP so soon after joining!

I'd like to do a RP that takes place during the First Age, in Middle-earth. For me, RP's are very much a way to examine and develop our understanding of Tolkien's characters, so if you're looking for a RP with a lot of fighting and battle scenes, this probably isn't it. On the other hand, if you're looking for a RP in which you can use the knowledge that you've learned in Tolkien's writings, and really get inside the "heads" of Tolkien's characters, this certainly is it! I'm not really going to push it in any certain direction, as I want my RP'ers to be free to strike out in their own directions with their characters. I'd like it to stay along a relatively common plot-line, but that's about it.

The specific idea I have is this: I'd like it to take place sometime after the time that Finrod meets Bëor's men. I want to look at this "clash" of races, and examine exactly how each race sees each other, and their world. In addition, this takes place during a time of turmoil, so some fighting scenes may be needed, although I would prefer to keep these secondary, and at a minimum. For those of you who have read Athrabeth Finrod ah Andreth, I'd really like to explore some of these issues, and an Andreth may be necessary for this RP, if anyone would be interested.

Would anyone be interested? I'd be glad to give more details, but if no one is interested, I won't waste my time.

QUENYA - SINDARIN NAMES TRANSLATOR

Findaráto - Finrod
Aikanáro - Aegnor
Angaráto - Angrod
Artanis, Nerwen, Alatáriel - All names for Galadriel.

Other Elvish words we may use:

estel (Q) - literally 'trust', but with a meaning closer to 'faith'
amatÃ*rë (Q); amdir (S) - 'hope'

~The Lay of Leithian

Last edited by Curufin : 04-22-2008 at 11:44 AM. Reason: typo
Curufin is offline   Reply With Quote