Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-13-2007, 05:26 AM   #10
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Radagast had had no time to reply to Knockondor before the first invited adverturers arrived, but he had had a moment to look at 'the friend' both the Beorning and the Eagle had brought along and was very amazed. He wondered why none of his Ent-friends had mentioned there still being one Ent-wife in Western lands, but perhaps they didn't know. In that case, there would be some very astounded Ents at Rhosgobel, when they arrived. Still, the timing of the trio was remarkable, Radagast thought. He imagined Gandalf, if the wizard had still been around, would just have smiled and said that this was probably meant to be.

"I do hope you will stick around for a while, Truor," Radagast added. "Even though things here may look very strange now, I think we can more than help you in your own search -and that of your leafy friend here- if you do."

Then he turned to his guests, "Welcome in Rhosgobel, master Hedrim," He said, "the same goes for you too, miss," he said to Aelfwine, "and master hermit," he said with a nod to Ferrin.

"There are stables at the back, where you can leave your horses as long as you are here, and room to leave your travel packs. Oh and in the mean time, you can also help yourself to Haldis' most excellent tea."

"If I have counted Gandalf's letters right, there are still some visitors to arrive and if I have to explain everything several times I will be quite without a voice. So forgive me for being brief for now. You all have answered a request from Gandalf for your help in a difficult quest. Now that Gandalf, alas, has left these shores, he has left the task to me."

You may, in your own lands, have heard legends of the Ents, large tree-like creatures that tend to their forest. Their women, the Ent-wives, lived in gardens. However, they have long since disappeared under mysterious circumstances, except for one it seems," as he cast a glance at Blossomshade. "Now the Ents wish to find out what happened to them and that, my friends, is why you are here. There is much to say further, about what we know and where we will begin to look, however such talk should be reserved for when everyone has arrived. But I hope this short explanation will at least satisfy your curiousity until then."