Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-17-2007, 05:21 PM   #11
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by faerie_child
Obama wants to take the troops out of iraq and then put more in afghanistan.
And he wants to put a bunch of troops in Pakistan. He said he wanted to make it a "battlefield," if I recall correctly. Pull out of Iraq and into Pakistan. I don't care much for the strategy. Pakistan is already doing a lot to fight terrorism, and doing what Obama suggests would jeopardize our alliance with the country and destabilize Pakistan, IMO. Which, considering their nuclear capacity, is something we can ill afford.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownjenkins
I hope it's things like education, healthcare and the economy, but war is so much more fun to argue about along with the hotbutton, but much less relevent issues like abortion, gay marriage, etc.
Well, the War on Terror is one of the biggest issues for me. Foreign relations. I still see abortion as probably the single biggest moral issue facing America right now, though, and I wouldn't vote for any candidate who supported its legalization unless those were the only options to pick from.

My vote would tend to depend a great deal on candidates' positions on the "hotbutton but much less relevant issues."
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."