Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-05-2006, 04:19 PM   #11
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

yeah, but entwife is easier to spell

i warn you tho' , once i have a name embedded in de head, it takes a few millenia fer me to shake it ...

... bear with me!

Jack's in da brig?

wel whaddya know ... jack'll be pleased - he bet the half inch syndycate half of Earniel's chocolate he'd be gracing brigadoon pretty soon

(watch ye stash henceforth ..tiny theiving ... i mean ... materialysiticly free-spirited hands may be a raomin' )

mmm - to business, i understand that the inimitable Shah (and probably wonderfull Willow oran too) had obviously planned out her / their plot events and post and whatnot, and one hardly is suprised ol' Jack is in da brig ...

personally .... after Xk getting understandably touchy at all the new and wierd islanders / new crew / events ... i was rather happy with jack's timely (and in character) arrival and looking forward to the Captain's response ... what better, then, than Jack of all people popping up making himself at home in her very own cabin and drinking her rum!
to be honest i was rather looking forward to her reaction ...

but to be removed from the scene as an irrelevance like a peice of furniture (even appreciating that he almost certainly would be at some point and also that Shah had her post probably in her mind etc ...) was a bit of a pisser on many levels.

Firstly, it is effectively jack's entre' - he pops up with impeccably bad and bold as brass timing and no one says a word ...

to me, at least, in rpg terms that is rude and a blow off of allmighty proportions

secondly, it is out of charcter hugely for jack to just be whistled off, without comment or action - not to mention not noticing a pirate sign like some lemon ... or to be caught off guard - no one doubts he could be overpowered nor that he is likely to do a stint in da brig ... all in a day's work for jack that ...

but (this could be a long post!!!) ... the way it stands at the momment it is rather as if he has been written out and moved in less than an impatient line and with less care than one would show to a seagull dropping (religious or not) without any recourse nor thought faster than one flushes the toilet.

now Shah is one of my favourite mooters and a damn good rpg writer and i am sure it was mainly an overssight in her determination to post plot ...and i really don't wish to ...er... blab on ...

but i invokes ze code! ...12 14 22 26 32 ...etc ...

Firstly (what are we up to now? 5 or 6? *winks* ) as a captain of ill repute (currently mislaid his crew... and in a careless drunken momment, his ship ) one expects at least a "what the F*** are you doing here swiggin' me F****** rum ..." etc ... and the decorum of of at least the chance to either say something or react to any attempt to seize him...

but back to the rpg code .... out of character use of other's characters ...

whatever jack may be, he is hardly one to just without a word or action or look or - ok let's put it another way - he is not an inanimate object ...

also, even if we ran with it as is, the faster than a blink of an eye line seems hugely at odds with Jack ... and they came back without even a tiny but rather annoyingly itchy scratch on their thumb or a bruise?

really ...

for all his many many faults and ****-ups, jack is no ragdoll nor shrinking violet ... on so many levels it is untrue this is completely out of character for jack

and on so many RPG levels, a trifle rude to fellow players (er- that'd be me)

as i said i have an awful lot of time for Shah and am certain it was merely an oversight ...but can we please allow an edit to be inserted for some reaction from either anyone and for jack to at least be recognised as a RP character in this game accordant with general rules of rpg'ing?

... or is it the intention of not allowing any interaction in a role-playing game?

best, BB

Last edited by Butterbeer : 09-05-2006 at 04:34 PM.
Butterbeer is offline   Reply With Quote