Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-27-2006, 01:04 PM   #1
hectorberlioz
Master of Orchestration President Emeritus of Entmoot 2004-2008

How Politicians Work

Ok, here's what's on my mind.

George W. Bush's image has been, up until 2004 of a cowboy, straight-talking ten-gallon hatter. These days it's more of a clutzy joker...no fault of his, because I think he's always been that way, and never good with the press, so his weaknesses are made manifest to the reporters, who in turn write about him.

My question is: Is George Bush a smart man? As in, did he do his Yale homework? And does he just act goofy or just plain Texan on purpose to connect with people (what he thinks is connecting anyways).

I think he beats around the bush (no pun intended) when he speaks because I think thats what he thinks is the way to do it, and complicated by the fact that he has to dance around the press' extraordinary ability to edit someone's speech to tilt a certain way...

When he said the S word to Tony Blair about Syria, he was the true direct speaking politician he should be. I'd rather him say the S word a hundred times in a straight-plain speech than mumble hair-splitting inanities trying to be politically correct.

This question of smarts should be asked not just of the President, but of every single politician out there.

The wily politician, he is everywhere: he changes his stance just before election day, and whether through inablility of congress and senate to agree, one politician can't fulfil his promises to the state voters that voted him in.

Acaly und Hektor fur Presidants fur EntMut fur life!
Join the discussion at Entmoot Election 2010.
"Stupidissimo!"~Toscanini
The Da CINDY Code
The Epic Poem Of The Balrog of Entmoot: Here ~NEW!
~
Thinking of summer vacation?
AboutNewJersey.com - NJ Travel & Tourism Guide
hectorberlioz is offline   Reply With Quote