Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > The Silmarillion
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-13-2006, 09:55 PM   #11
The Telcontarion
The one true King of the human race, direct descendant of Adam and heir to the kings of old. "You owe me your fealty." The Tar Minyaturion

Not weak at all!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorin II
I vote for Gil-galad. He wasn't as powerful as some of his predecessors, but I respect him for leading the Elves even as they started to decline. I don't think many (or any) of the previous High Kings would've formed an alliance with Men.
My fellow "Tolkienite" Thorin II, Erienion Gil-galad was the latest but far from the weekest of the high kings of the Eldar. At the very least he was as powerful as his father Fingon the valiant and certainly stronger of will than Turgon who at the sack of his city gave up and allowed it to be razed without further effort on his part to prevent it; Erienion fought to the death. Aeglos had the mastery remember. Not because he was more recent makes him any less. He was a scion of kings and Elrond was his herald; do you doubt that Elrond the wise was less than any of the greatest of the kings of old; I think not.

Gil-galad was my king, I remember rushing the walls and...no more. Alas, it was a dark day, a bloody day; Anarion had fallen but a little while before.

Ecclesiasticus 2:1-5
1 My son, if thou come to serve the Lord, prepare thy soul for temptation...
...4 Whatsoever is brought upon thee take cheerfully, and be patient when thou art changed to a low estate. 5 For gold is tried in the fire, and acceptable men in the furnace of adversity.

Romans 5:3
And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
The Telcontarion is offline   Reply With Quote