FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-13-2006, 09:48 PM   #32
Farimir Captain of Gondor
Spaceman Spiff

Location: In the belly of a Firefly, living in Serenity is where you'll find me
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAB
Personally I don’t think the Nazgul remaining together was very likely despite the advantages. Put yourself in their shoes. You are a mighty leader and have things your way most of your life, then you are turned into a wraith and are forced to work for someone else in the company of eight similarly unlucky individuals. When you become free would you prefer to remain with these reminders of your servitude and bitterness who were all used to having their own way, or to return to your home and try to recapture some of your old life and glory? All the Nazgul may have attempted to, or succeeded in, essentially retaking their old lordships. If they were in the East and South we wouldn’t expect to hear of these events. Of course they would be much more vulnerable to Sauron in these areas than the Witch King was in the West.
Yeah, I guess all this makes sense. They probably got sick of seeing one another for thousands of yrs.
WK- Khamul, geez, will you take off your ring or at least put a robe on, you're hideous. I hate this place. *kicks unsuspecting Orc out of the highest window of Minus Morgul*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordis
I think by 1300, when the WK came to Angmar, he had a very good idea who was hiding in Mirkwood. So he established his capital not in the hospitable lands of the upper Vales of Anduin (which were also part of Angmar), not near Mount Gundabad, the greatest orc stronghold of old, but in the wastes of the North, on the other side of the Misty Mountains.
This makes sense also. Do you think he might have sent word to the others that Sauron had returned, if they didn't already know, and maybe made some sort of plan to deal with him and this is how the first couple got 'captured'?

Edit- I thought of something else I wanted to ask. How hard do you think it would be to 'take' a ring from one of the Nazgul? Or even to trap 'em. It's not like they could put a ring on a string and wait for a Nazgul to come by and go "Oh, look, a ring." and then pounce on him and hold him down why an orc or something takes it off, right? Just woundering.

Last edited by Farimir Captain of Gondor : 04-13-2006 at 09:52 PM.
Farimir Captain of Gondor is offline   Reply With Quote