Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > C.S. Lewis
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-29-2005, 11:11 PM   #17
Curubethion
Fenway Ranger, Lord of Red Sox Nation

Strider

Very good movie! Although Susan wasn't as well done as, say, Lucy or Peter. Loved the huge battle at the end (you know, they used the same software to animate it as they did for LOTR!), especially Orieus with his two swords....SWEET!
I agree that some moments could have been done better, and a few parts somewhat seemed like LOTR...like the waterfall collapse was similar to Ford of Brunien...but a very good movie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telcontar_Dunedain
When I saw the four of them hunting the stag I thought that Sean Bean would have been quite good to play an older Peter. What do you think?
Mmm...maybe. I'd have Boromir going through my head though-I'll never be able to see any of the LOTR actors as anyone else, I think.

P.S. My sister thinks Tumnus looked like tobyMac
EDIT: I just thought of this: did anyone think the Minotaur's weapon looked suspiciously like some of the orc halberds glimpsed in LOTR?
My wife once said to me—when I'd been writing for ten or fifteen years—that I could always go back to being a nuclear engineer. And I said to her, 'Harriet, would you let someone who quit his job to go write fantasy anywhere near your nuclear reactor? I wouldn't!' (Robert Jordan)

Last edited by Curubethion : 12-30-2005 at 12:06 AM.
Curubethion is offline   Reply With Quote