Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > C.S. Lewis
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-03-2005, 09:43 PM   #1
Elanor
Hobbit in the Music

Narnia Movie comes out on December 9

So, are you going? Are you hyped? skeptical? mad? curious?

I will definitely see it, at least within a week of the release date. I think it's great that they're making it, but I'm sad because it will never measure up to the BBC Narnia movies made in the late 80's. I grew up with those, I loved the music, and who cares if the special effects were slightly cheesy? They were still very well done for the budget and technology available. Since they were made for TV, time wasn't a big issue, and they stayed very close to the books. They only got through the Silver Chair, though. I hope these Disney ones hold on until the Last Battle.

Actually, I'll be satisfied if this movie is even half as good as the BBC one. I am terribly afraid that the focus will be on the special effects, creatures, and battles, rather than on character and plot development. But LotR turned out okay, I guess. Well, those flying creatures in the trailer look really hokey.

Segovia Mazes

Last edited by Elanor : 12-03-2005 at 09:46 PM.
Elanor is offline   Reply With Quote