Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-26-2002, 11:42 AM   #1
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

The Saga of the Nârmacil, the Flame-sword: The Game!!

Aiya! and welcome to the Saga of the Nârmacil! I wish you good luck and hantalë (thanks) for joining this quest for the sword of flames. The problems that this sword may cause if it fall into the "wrong" hands is yet to be discoverd in our journey.

PS! New enterers.. please register in the "Character Registration" topic on the RPG forum.. thank you!

Good Luck!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
His sword was named the Nârmacil, the flame-sword. Arat-Cúrion was his name, a beautiful elf who had lived in the Undying Lands of Valinor all his life. He was an ordinary elf really, with good looks and great wisdom, but he had something not alot of other elves were hungering for; fishing. This is also how he discovered the sword, because he didn't create it himself. One day at sea he got "i Nârmacil", the flame-sword on his rod, and the beauty of this sword reached deep into his heart. On the edge of the sword there was attached a red stone, and the edge itself was formed as a T blessed in fire. The blade was long and sharp, and it started to glow red when evil was near. But the power of the sword wouldn’t yet be discovered, because centuries of peace came and Arat-Cúrion kept the sword secret and spoke to no one about it.

After hundreds of years Arat-Cúrion married M*reia, a beautiful elf that returned to Valinor from Middle earth after the fall of the One Ring. Together they brought their son, Arat-Falathion, to life. His strength and will to learn was great. With golden hair like his mother and grey eyes like his father, he was brought up as a wonderful elf. Early he got the name Laurë Elen among friends, meaning Golden star, because his hair was like gold and his eyes like the stars.

Centuries pasted and Arat-Falathion grew up to be among the strongest elves walking in Valinor. Then Cormarë came, the festival in honour of Frodo Baggins, at the 30th of Yavannië. It was held beneath Taniquetil, the throne of Manwë. The world of Arda was now near the end of the 4th age, and it was here that the saga about the Nârmacil should begin, because this festival wouldn’t turn out like they all expected.
Arat-Falathion came together with his father, his mother and all of his friends. Manwë and the other Valas joined this great festival as well, like they always did, and people from all Valinor came to the festival. But before the party began Manwë rised from his throne and he shushed the crowd. He had a mind on his face, full of sorrow. The poem that he now spoke to the people was written down and remembered as the most sadly poem ever made. Here I will only write down the first part of the poem:

Analómë i lemi calaor Valinor
analómë i lemi calaor Endóre,
nan i lemi sintalanar
ar i mornië ná minë yonta lúmë órë
m* rómen.

Translated to the common language, westron, this said:

Tonight the stars shine over Valinor.
Tonight the stars shine over Middle earth,
but the stars are fading
and the darkness is once again rising
in the east.

When he had finished his poem everyone cried, even the strongest among men. And he said:
“The birds have told me about a new rising of the orcs in middle earth. A new darkness is coming in from the east, stronger and faster then I can remember it from the past. This time we must face the darkness before it is too late. “Antamacillyani ar cúlyai!”, he then yelled, meaning: ”Give me your swords and your bows!”.
We are going to war!”

Manwë awakened a fire in those who had listened, a fire that no one had seen since the 3rd age. This was when Arat-Cúrion made up his mind, and brought his sword, Nârmacil, the flame-sword, up from his hidden chest where he had kept it secret. People who saw this sword was overwhelmed by its beauty, and most of them all Arat-Falathion, his son. Arat-Falathion took his bow, Cúné Hortacálë, meaning bow of lightspeed. He was told by his father to stay close to him; that would keep him safe.
The story was written:

His sword was named the Nármacil, the Flame-Sword.
He was an Elvish lord, who’s brilliance with the sword of flames
was known in all Middle earth and Valinor.
As soon as he draw his sword, everything went silent.
The sky got filled with red-white flames from the flaming blade of
Nármacil, and all evil standing next to him died. It was the flame
of light, with the power of hope and all good; cause this elf was
good by heart, and the Nármacil obeyed the heart of its master.

So Arat-Falathion went to the docks in Alqualondë with his father and friends to fight evil in middle earth....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Where were you during the festival?

Are you one of Arat-Falathions friends?
or are you unknown for him?

As I see that we have many different creatures in our RPG.. elves, humans, hobbits, halfelves, dwarfs and even a Vala in our storry.. I guess our start of the journey, and where we celebrated Frodo (or "if" we celebrated Frodo) is quite different. I surely hope tho, that our roads will cross in the fight against the evli darkness that once again rises in the east.
- Arat-Falathion
----------------------
PS! at the end of this "intro" no one knows yet the hidden power of the Nârmacil. Not even Arat-Cúrion, nor Manwë.

Last edited by Arat-Falathion : 01-31-2002 at 01:29 PM.
Arat-Falathion is offline   Reply With Quote