Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-07-2005, 04:57 PM   #11
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insidious Rex
well then thats all you need to know.
OK, I now know that it's unjust to be unjust. (not that that's news to me...)

Is it fine with you if I'm unjust to others? Why or why not? Is it, like, WRONG to be unjust to others? Because if it's not wrong, then why should I not be unjust?

And if you want to avoid the question by backing up a level and saying being unjust causes harm, then I'll just ask you again - is it WRONG to cause harm to someone? If you don't think it's wrong, then apparently it's OK with you for me to cause harm to someone.

Non-theistic positions just do not hold together logically, unless the person is brave enough to take the nihilistic position.

Quote:
You always were good for a laugh rian. Im always amused when the creationist who is for promoting discrimination against gays tells ME im close minded and intolerant.
And I'm always amused when an agnostic says that other people are wrong!

And when an agnostic tells a Christian to not vote the way they think is right!

And when an agnostic says that it's discrimination against gays to prevent them from marrying who they want to while at the same time having standards about people of other sexual preferences.

Illogical.

Quote:
"My beliefs that discrimination is ok is sufficient enough.”
But I do NOT believe that discrimination is OK. The issue is how we define discrimination. Personally, IMO, my definition is logically consistent and yours is not.

Quote:
…allow me:
thanks for the quote, which proved my point - you would NOT automatically be against gay marriage even if harm was scientifically proven. There are other things besides "harm" that would influence your decision.

Quote:
and this supports your argument how? Even if next week suddenly reams of data starts flooding out about just how harmful being involved in a loving monogamous relationship is when yer gay does that mean you should be able to discriminate now because “scientists make errors!” ?
No, I"m just pointing out that your "god", which is science, does, by your own admission, make mistakes, so talking like basing your decisions on "science" as the be-all, end-all standard to yield the right decision is just plain ... wrong!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!

Last edited by Rían : 06-07-2005 at 04:59 PM.