Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Fantasy and Sci-Fi Novels
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-25-2005, 04:35 PM   #12
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

Dirk Gently seems to be back in print. It was out of print when I wanted to read it several years ago. I checked amazon.com, and on the cover of Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency it says "author of the bestselling book The Salmon Of Doubt" - On the original editions it said author of the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy. The Salmon Of Doubt came out after Douglas Adams passed away in 2001, it is a compiliation of various Douglas Adams short stories and letters and part of an unfinished novel that was to be called "The Salmon Of Doubt"

So the reprint is recent.

About the movie -

Zaphod does have two heads in it - just not two heads in the same way as in the BBC miniseries. His second head is sort of under his first head and it pops out.

Watch the trailers and you will see it. He also still has his third arm.

This movie has been in the works for a LONG TIME. Douglas Adams wrote the screenplay and was heavily involved in it (he had been trying to get it made into a motion picture for a while) before he died in 2001 - that set it back a bit.

Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy started as a Radio Show then went into a great many different adaptations such as the novels, BBC miniseries, and other forms. Hopefully this adaptation is very good

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
HOBBIT is offline   Reply With Quote