Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Feedback and Tech Problems
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-03-2005, 06:10 PM   #22
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
That is because (believe it or not) this is not essentially a fanboy/fangirl board. We don't gather here together today to discuss Legolas' (supposedly) beautiful long golden hair. It's pretty obvious that most of us hang out in GM, which is mostly used as a battleground, and a most powerful outlet for the rolleyes smiley.
yeah - it's basically the world against America (for the most part it had been like that), Americans versus Europeans or Europeans verus Americans, liberals versus republicans, religious versus non-religious. All the discussions in general messages are pretty much one side against another.

Believe it or not - Entmoot is in some respects less heated today than it was 2 years ago when threads had to be noted with "no american bashing". No matter what subject a thread was on two years ago - it always ended up that America was crap. Even the thread I had started called "what's your country like" which was supposed to foster understanding between the different countries ended up being a "bash america" thread. Overall - it may be less friendly to Europeans and liberals now, but that's mostly because I'm tired of the crap from 2 years ago - as are many others I know of. I'll throw back all the terrible things about Europe and the rest of the world does - just like so many felt it was completely acceptable to just **** on America.

If people want understanding and respect - they had better first re-earn it. People have a problem with the rolleyes - well what about the damn small print people use to make snide underhanded comments? I know of several who do that one and I consider that to be much more aggressive than the damn .

Basically what people want on entmoot is to say whatever they want without anyone lashing back at them. If I've been able to withstand the numerous attacks against me through the years then others should be able to handle it. If they can't handle it, then they should watch what they say.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote