Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Literature
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-31-2004, 04:43 PM   #1
Mercutio

Paper topics for English Lit

Any ideas? I need a topic for my term paper in English (British) Literature. I like things that are religious in some way...but that's not a must.

My brother wrote on imagery in some of T.S. Eliot's poetry back when he took this class.

I was thinking about comparing Dorothy Sayer's and Agatha Christie's writing styles in their murder mysteries (the Lord Peter and Poirot ones). They both lived and published at the same time. Their style's are pretty different, I think. Could I find enough info for this topic? I am kind of at a loss for other ideas right now. My mom suggested Pilgrim's Progress: not the basic blatant imagery, but how it ties in with the ideas of the Protestant Reformation and such.

Btw, last year (in American Lit) I wrote about the treatment of the church in Mark Twain's A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court.

Interested in C.S. Lewis? Visit the forum dedicated
to one of Tolkien's greatest contemporaries.
Mercutio is offline   Reply With Quote