Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-15-2004, 07:51 PM   #32
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

Gollum

ooc. I guess I'll use ranges too. I'll add more tomorrow, if possible.

“Believe it or not, this was made by the man who taught your brother. Now, let’s git back to the subject. The basic reason e’re goin’ is to tear the city out from unner them, temporarily, of course, since Sauron will have his men out afer us once we march into the city bayin’ our ‘orns and trumpets, acting as if we were invited to some party or something. When that makes people nervous enough, we’ll send in the mumakil we captured in Middle-Earth. The sight of one mumak is frightening enough, even for a Numenorean. By then, Sauron will have men all over the place. And then…” a grin spread across his face, “…that’s where you come in. You ave some of that powder under yur old house, right? Well, while we’re causing enough confusion, you place bags of it aroun the city. Unfortunately, some must be placed under the city.”
“How can they be placed under the city? What would we tell the guards, ‘We’re digging in the middle of the marketplace or street because we’re building sewer?’ And why is that unfort --- oh, that’s what you mean? The sewer?”
“Yes, the sewer.”
“How do I find my way around?”
“You will have this,” said the other man, taking another piece of paper and unfolding it.
It was similar to the previous map, except underground structures were indicated rather than the city. All of the buildings were light so you could see underneath. Tunnels were indicated by double black lines, while basements and other underground rooms were shapes. Wells were indicated with their usual symbol and an added black line around them.
“You can also tie a rope to something near the entrance. We’ll also give you any lengths of the types of rope you will need.”
“How wide are the tunnels?”
“A range each.”
“That’s all I need to hear.”
“Then you won’t do it?”
“Yes, I have to, but I need a sharp pole, a long narrow oar, a box of long nails with loops, a large pick, a small pick, a hammer, a chisel, and as many bottles as possible. Oh, and I need a good pair of long boots and a boat.”
“A boat? How can you get a boat in? There’s no entrance large enough.”
“That’s where you’re wrong. Do you see the river up in the corner of the map? Do you see where the sewer enters into the river?”
“But that opening is too narrow and it’s barred up. And it’s underwater. Since the current coming out is too strong because the passage narrows considerably, you’d be pushed out anyway.”
“I never even thought of entering there. I was going to enter here,” Sherlock said, pointing towards a near embankment area which was a few hundred feet upstream. “There’s a rock there, a large rock, which I placed there to block the entrance to a cave that I used to play in as a boy and later had to use it to hide in for several months to keep clear of the soldiers after me. There’s an area at the back of the cave that’s actually brick because when I dug further back I hit the sewer wall. The rock blocking the cave is rather flat, and light enough to push open if you were on the inside. I’ll need some men to come and help me, and two to come with me. I need to get there the night before, since I can’t just break open the walls of sewers and place bottles of powder in as I float by and actually trust them to stay.”
“Well, you seem to know more about what were doing than we do,” Erb said. Well, we’ll get you what you need, meanwhile, we’ll discuss how we free Boron…”

ooc. I'll post the first one from Nariel's, Fingolfin's, Charles's, Ivan's, and of course Beleg's.