Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Books
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-18-2001, 09:39 PM   #11
Wayfarer
The Insufferable

You have a biting wit that I enjoy, but there were a few errors in your post.

I appreciate the help.

"I is not a reflexive pronoun. It is a person pronoun."

I suppose that's true. I was thinking reflexive=back on ones self.

Truth be told, I never was much for knowing what those things were. Although I finally learned what a geran is, and thus can no longer use it as an example of 'things nobody needs to know'

"I think you meant that HE dislikes your tone. Not that you dislike your tone. I think you like your tone very much."

I knew what he meant. He forgot to put an I before it, as I noted above (the exact manner of pronoun being quite beside the point)

Did you perhaps mean euphemism?

What can I say? SIC

Did you perhaps mean remonstarting or even demonstrating?

No, I meant premonstration. That is, the appearance of. Saying 'lol' had the appearance of thinking that what he said was funny. I did, of course.

"I won't even feign to know what that means."

I'd post a link to some morty/braldor poems, but anduin thought the preface to bored of the rings was bad (and I'm not one to tempt fate)

theorum

"Unless this is a British spelling this word is new to me. The word theorem which seems the closet in spelling does not apply to your sentence. ( at least not in a way that makes sense to me). But, if you meant forum then it makes more sense."

His point, Idea, theorem. yeah, a mispeleng on my part. He had theorized that balrog wings were metaphorical. I suppose theory would have been more correct.

"Were you using erudite it is actually meaning (learned) or in its popular form meaning (rude or arrogant?)"

A little of both. I was attempting to come off as high and lofty, while at the same time managing to be somewhat arrogant.

"Other wise I loved your biting wit. I just hope it is not turned against me."

You shall have to ask Randy...er, inoldil... about the time I megaflamed him. Of course, we were both much less mature (and less educated.) Although, the aforementioned Morthoron is far my better in this fine art. Not bad, for someone three times my age with half my IQ. ]

Oh, I can't help myself. Here's but a sample of the works of morthoron and braldor:

Edited by Inoldonil: Not for our younger posters!
Middle-earth Poetry Contest on the Tolkien Trail!

So I lied. Maybe I _am_ one to tempt fate.

Last edited by Wayfarer : 10-18-2001 at 09:41 PM.
Wayfarer is offline   Reply With Quote