Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-02-2004, 09:30 AM   #11
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
Originally posted by Lizra
Hmmmm......(takes a quick swig of coffee, and a deep breath...forces smile...) Gee Rad, So "Skipper Bologna" is just something stupid you say, for fun?

Please, tell me more about the European basketball league your team has won the championship of. "Spell it out" (figure of speech meaning talk plainly ) for me please. Is the European finals a professional league championship? What countries are involved?

"4 Israelies played during the game of ten players...on Israelie money"....what do you mean by that?

Thanks. It's the biggest difference in the history of Europe Finals, and the biggest score.
Lizra...

He's talking about the Euroleague basketball tournament championship round. Kind of Europe's version of the final four. Maccabi Tel Aviv is an Israeli team in the tournament. Skipper Bologna is the name of an Italian team. Apparently Maccabi Tel Aviv crushed Skipper Bologna in the final game. But from what I understand the semifinal game in which Skipper Bologna defeated Montepaschi 103-102 in over time had one of the most amazing finishes in the history of European basketball. I saw a little something on ESPN comparing it to the 1992 Duke-Kentucky semifinal which is broadly considered the greatest game ever played.

hes also saying that only 4 players on the Tel Aviv team are actually Israeli. The rest are from other countries. But that the team obviously is Israeli owned (thus Israeli money). Most often America. American athletes often play in the European league if they arent able to cut it in the NBA. Check out www.euroleague.net.

The championships were hosted by Israel this year and because of the political situation in the middle east right now Tel Aviv's championship really really touched a chord in Israeli society. All the other teams wanted the venue moved from Israel for fear of a possible terrorist action but Israel insisted they would pull the event off safely. And it sounds like they did.

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."

Last edited by Insidious Rex : 05-02-2004 at 09:33 AM.
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote