Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > The Hobbit Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-25-2001, 11:50 PM   #11
Varda
Elven Warrior

one part of the animated movie that i did not really appreciate was at the end of rotk when gandalf says that one day hobbits will be as men are and points out that the younger hobbits are larger than the older ones. first of all, merry and pippin are larger because they drank the stuff the ents gave them, although this was not in the movie. secondly i thought hobbits actually came from men. also, i thought that tolkien hinted that there were actually hobbits in our time, but they are just good at hiding from the "big people." i do like most of the movie, but that part is annoying. also when he finally says "ages from now when this story is told, there may be those who wonder is there hobbit in me? is there?" it just seems cheesy, and i know it is supposed to appeal to kids, but i find it just dumb. so yeah.... that's my two cents