Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > C.S. Lewis
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-30-2003, 06:28 PM   #21
Rosie Gamgee
The Lovely Hobbit-Lass

Pippin Skywalker... YOU'VE MET ANDY SERKIS?!!?! *simmers with envy* Not fair, not fair!!! How do we know what it's got in it's pocketses?! Good on you!

Yeah, I think Lewis did get a bit preachy in the last book. I think that The Magician's Nephew (which, by the way, I consider the first book) and The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe to be the best books. The Horse and His Boy is good too, but the rest of them seem kind of superflous.

I'm curious to see the movies. I wonder how good they will be. I must admit that I think that TCON is very shallow compared with LOTR, and I can't imagine how they are going to make these movies something interesting enough to sit and watch. Not that Lewis was boring (actually, I take that back. The Silver Chair was very boring), it's just that the content of his books is very much reading kind of stuff, not really movie kind of stuff, if you know what I mean.
How can I take this losing hand and somehow win?

Just give me One Good Year To get my feet back on the ground.
I've been chasing grace; Grace ain't so easily found
One bad hand can devil a man, chase him and carry him down.
I've got to get out of here, just give me One Good Year!
Rosie Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote