Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Writer's Workshop
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-08-2003, 04:25 AM   #11
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

That evening, they stopped to rest, the elf laid upon a blanket in front of the fire. “Now, another lesson!” said Krian. “We haven’t eaten supper yet!” pleaded Aiya. “Your food will wait!” scowled Krian. Aiya moaned, and grabbed her stick which they had saved from the previous night. They sparred for a while, again, Krian had no bruises, and Aiya was black and blue. Aiya found it easy to sleep that night. She curled up in her blanket, and drifted into a dreamless sleep.

The next morning, Aiya woke to find the elf standing by the fire, cooking some meat. Aiya sprang up, “You are okay!” she said. The elf quickly looked in her direction. “Yes, I am doing better thanks to that jeerna lusrta.” said the elf. Aiya was surprised at the sound of her voice. It was smooth and seducing. “Who are you and what is your name?” asked the elf. “I am Aiya, I was raised in Telesmere and now me and my companions travel to Von Scotia.” said Aiya. At first she was wary to give this stranger information, but after all, she was an elf. Suddenly the elf laughed, “Von Scotia? How do you know how to get there? I have heard of no human that had this information!” she said. “We have a map, and Krian knows much about elves.” said Aiya. The elf stopped laughing. “That he does.” she said solemnly. “You know him?” asked Aiya, surprised at the elf. “I have heard of him.” she said shortly. “What is your name?” asked Aiya, trying to change the subject. “I am called Alaithia.” she said with a smile. “I should thank you for saving me.” Alaithia said. “It was no problem I’m sure. Why were you in the desert? And so close to the forest!” asked Aiya. “The Rhohatar are abroad, they have been seen outside the borders of the Gorgirath. The Rhohatar are-” Alaithia began, “I know, they have been in the forest, and killed one of our people.” said Aiya solemnly. “It is worse than we feared! Well, I was coming to warn the people of Telesmere, the king sent me. I know, they would be surprised to see an elf, but it had to be done. On my way, they found me. They shot my horse with a red arrow. I escaped, only by chance. But without steed, and so far into the desert, I was soon taken by the heat of the sun.” Alaithia said. Aiya nodded, “Where are they now?” asked Aiya. “Who can say, that was five days ago, so I assume they made straight for the forest after they found me.” said Alaithia. “We have to get to the mountains as soon as possible!” she said. Krian groaned from where he lay, and soon sat up. He stared straight at Alaithia, who just looked right back at him. “I am glad you are feeling better.” he said finally. “Thank you, you saved my life.” said Alaithia, bowing before Krian. “Obliged, may I ask your name?” he asked. “Alaithia. I came to warn the Kandar about the Rhohatar, but as Aiya has told me, you have heard that they are abroad again.” she said. Krian nodded, “I suppose Aiya has not told you everything, eh?” he said the last words towards Aiya. Aiya shook her head. “She is one of the two.” Krian said slowly to Alaithia. The elf gaped, looking from Krian, to Aiya, to Krian. She smiled at Aiya. ‘What is going on?’ Aiya thought. Rhys yawned and stood. “Father, we need to-” he started, then noticed Alaithia. “Hello, I am Alaithia.” she said politely. “Oh, er I am, yes, I am-” he studdered. “This is Rhys, Krian’s son.” said Aiya. Alaithia laughed, “Well met, Rhys.” she said. “Now, we need to get moving.” said Krian. “I agree, the sooner we get to Von Scotia the better!” Alaithia said. “I am afraid your mare will have to bear us both Aiya.” said Alaithia. “I’m sure she will be able.” Aiya said, saddling Kea. They were soon off, into the desert and the blistering sun.

If I can stop one heart from aching, I shall not live in vain. -Emily Dickinson

But the Master comes, and the foolish crowd
Never can quite understand
The worth of a soul and the change that is wrought
By the touch of the Master's hand.

Though she be but little, she is fierce! -MSND
PippinTook is offline   Reply With Quote