Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Writer's Workshop
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-29-2003, 04:10 PM   #1
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

Half-Elven

um, this is my first real story that i have attempted to write. this is the prolouge, constructive critisism is appreciated! thanx!
Prolouge: Hidden Doors
The wind howled wildly as the woman stumbled blindly across the plains. She was searching for the woods, searching for the one place she knew refuge could be found. She brushed her golden hair away from her tear streaked face. Her arms cradled a bundle, greatly valued. She had given birth to the child the day before, and fled the empire for safety. Her dark eyes searched the flat fields, untill they rested upon the line of trees in the distance. The sun was swiftly setting, and her legs were growing weary. She stumbled and fell, saving the baby from hitting the hard ground. The infant cried out, for want of rest and food. These luxuries had to wait, the mother stood and made for the trees. Just as the sun set below the horizon, she found herself standing under the tall branches. The babe cried out again, but this time to be gently swayed and stroked by her mother’s touch. “You will be safe here, once we find the Kandar, under the trees, hidden from all of them.” she said, wrapping her cloak around the small, huddled form of the baby girl. “I am your mother, Saren.” she told her daughter. “Your name will be, Aiya.” The baby girl stared at her mother with big emerald eyes. They reminded Saren of something, something loved, and lost. The sound of barking hounds and men shouting reached the ears of Saren. She quickly stood, glancing behind her to make sure she was not being followed, she ran into the dark forest.
Saren ran forward for what seemed to be an hour, then she came to a stream, which she followed deeper into the forest. The stream seemed as only a thin silver line, slithering through the vast woods. Saren stopped once the spring flowed into a small pond. On the other side was what seemed to be the side of a cliff, she waded through the water, which only reached her waist. Saren faced the cliff wall. It was flat and steep, with no blemish in it’s face. She scanned the wall, searching for a cut in the stone. She found her mark, there was a small hole, about the size of her palm. She placed her hand upon the crevice and cried out, “Yi an siran yohan!” Saren stepped back, waiting for something to happen. Ever so slowly, the small crevice grew bigger, and eventually became a small passage way. She had found her refuge.

thank you!

If I can stop one heart from aching, I shall not live in vain. -Emily Dickinson

But the Master comes, and the foolish crowd
Never can quite understand
The worth of a soul and the change that is wrought
By the touch of the Master's hand.

Though she be but little, she is fierce! -MSND

Last edited by PippinTook : 11-06-2003 at 09:12 PM.
PippinTook is offline   Reply With Quote