Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entmoot Archive
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-19-2000, 04:34 AM   #11
arynetrek

Re: Shanamir...

now this is going to be an interesting thread...

first, i'm very glad to find true Christians out there.

second, my beliefs - the best way i can describe them is "pagan existentialist." (meaning: i have no proof what's right, & really no idea what will happen once this life is over. but i choose to believe, because i can do nothing else) however, i do believe that historically there was a man Jesus.

third, on the Virgin Mary - it is biologically possible for a woman to get pregnant without having sex. it's a one-in-a-million chance, but it has happened. as for her being a liar, i won't get into that because i do not know her.

fourth, on faith - Shan, you said earlier that you don't believe, & that's frightening. i hope this doesn't sound preachy, but it seems that you realize you need something to believe in (or at least beliefs themselves) & are ready to accept faith if it comes to you. one thing i've noticed is that faith comes at the exact time you need it most. and if you're waiting for faith to find you(which it sounds like you are) then it will come to you.

fifth - reincarnation. i do believe in it very strongly, based on memories that i cannot reconcile any other way.

sixth - "If you believe there is no God, then you can't afford to be wrong. All I can really say to convince people that Jesus is the savior, Mary was a virgin, and God is the creator of everything is: If you do not believe in this you must be 100% correct, because if you are wrong you got big consequences coming your way." from Saunagast's post - there is a verse somewhere in teh Bible that says all evil done in the name of good still belongs to the evil one, and all good done in teh name of evil belongs to the Lord. something i've come to realize recently is that what is usually more important than the religion you claim to be is how you live your life - i believe that if you lived a good life, learned whatever lesson this life holds, & treated others fairly, then you will be rewarded; either in a future life or in some distant Heaven. i find it hard to believe that any merciful god(s) would condemn a soul simply for using a wrong label to describe itself.

seventh, i haven't said this before but Gwaihir, i love your ending quotes.

i am sorry for the length of this post. Shan, please forgive me.

aryne *