Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > The Star Wars Saga
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-29-2003, 12:37 AM   #1
Anglorfin
Alasailon

The Force and genetics

I am sitting in my room thinking StarWars at the moment and an interesting revelation comes to my mind. Since good ol' George Lucas has introduced the concept of "medichlorians" as the originator of the Force, and as being something apparently biological, is the Force an inherited trait?

Look at Luke and Leia. Fathered by Anakin who was very strong in the Force, both have powers too. If the Force is generated by biological traits then it would be perfeclty sound to assume that these traits could be passed down through genetics. But that leads me to wonder, "If there was a dwindling of Jedi, why didn't Yoda knock up some females of his own race and increase the padawan pool?" Or is it that the medichlorians are sentient beings themselves, and in a sense "choose" which bodies to place themselves in?

Discuss, on the validity of my assumption, the nature of medichlorians, or Lucas' decision to explain the Force in this way and any other questions that might arise from it.

"Anglorfin was tall and straight; his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of anger; his eyes were bright and keen, and his voice like music; on his brow sat wisdom, and in his hand was great skill."
Anglorfin is offline   Reply With Quote