Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-13-2003, 05:30 PM   #11
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
Originally posted by Sister Golden Hair
Nope, never seen his hummer. In many ways he still seems to just be the hometown boy, nothing special. I agree though, that celebrity is already at a great level. Do you know that he would play basketball with my son just at the court of St.V's elementry school, and would tell my son that he was good. My son thinks that's funny now.
thats just awsome. this guy is once in a half century if you ask me. Tell your son to treasure those words until HE has grandkids of his own to tell them too. Whats cool is that when he and Carmello Anthony (the one and two picks in the draft) were interviewed together and were asked who would win in a game of one on one between the two neither of them thumped their chest and said oh id school ya in fact they both paused and looked at each other and then James said Carmello would. And Anthony said ah we'll see when Cleveland and Denver plays. Gotta love teenage superstars being humble. gotta love that....

Quote:
Originally posted by Lizra
That's what I mean! Big fat heads bumping into each other!
oh yeah there will be enough ego to fill a blimp no doubt. but still. will it matter? I mean the talent level you are talking about. Its almost unimaginable. So it may compensate for the petty ego thing. We all know Kobe wants to win (assuming he isnt in jail next season) so I really think he will take advantage of having such extrordinary talent on his team and actualy become a better player. Shaq is just the best center in basketball by far so ego or not hes not going anywhere. Malone took a pay cut to get to the Lakers because he wants a ring. And Payton is simply one of the best floor generals ever and also is totally focused on a championship before he retires. So watch out. Hey im no laker fan either but when the oppostion is a juggernaught you gotta respect em.

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote