Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-05-2003, 03:56 PM   #26
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

And so began the battle that would be forever after known as the battle of Five- I mean four, or was that three? Oh well, the battle of multiple armies.
As the armies advanced on eachother a sudden change came over the battle field. Suddenly there were no armies, just thirteen indistinguishable good guys against six goblins riding on their evil neopets. They ran at eachother in slow motion, fighting valiently with oddly choreographed swings.
But despite their inferior numbers it seemed as though the goblins would win when suddenly there came a cry, "The penguins are coming! The penguins are coming!"
And with that cry hope was restored to the troops of the good and they fought back and defeated the nasty goblins and their minions. And all rejoiced.

Gandgirl: Rejoice! We have defeated the foul neopets and their riders!

Willow: True, but alas! I fear we have lost many of our number. Aragren, Violet, and Morauko are sorely wounded and I can't find Claenoilbo anywhere.

Gandgirl: I last heard Claenoilbo's voice over on that hill, Tano, go look for her. Willow, come with me and help me tend to the others.

Tano: I'll find her, she's probably still invisable.

Willow: Aren't those three supposed do die?

Gandgirl: No.

Willow: Yes, I think they are.

Gandgirl: Well, they won't. You still have Vilya?

Willow: Yep. Oh... right, the rings, right, so they won't die. But we can't heal Aragren yet, she has to meet with claenoic and have her big dramatic forgivness speech.

Gandgirl: Whatever.
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi