Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Writer's Workshop
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-18-2006, 01:12 PM   #181
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

Perhaps we will soon see it in print...

Stupid rule!!!!!

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Acalewia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 03:57 PM   #182
Tamuril Sirfalas
Elven Warrior

YAY! way to go you guys!!

Nin o Chithaeglir, lasto beth daer:
Rimmo nin Bruinen dan in Ulaer!

REST IN PEACE GRANDMA, GREAT AUNT, GREAT UNCLE .....they're gunna fly with the angels now so say goodbye..but i can't. You don't really realize the importance of someone until they are gone
Tamuril Sirfalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 10:16 PM   #183
Huorn
Elven Warrior

My book, The Green and the Gray I am humming away on. I just wrote chapter four. I actually started writing it a week ago. I wrote 4 chapters in a week. Each chapter is about 12 pages long. It also has illustrations.

Just call me Oakie
Huorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 03:02 PM   #184
Thain Peregrin Took I
Thain of Randomness

I find that most of my chapters are only 1 page front and back or a little less (most likely less typed up), so I'll probably end up having to either combine chapters or adding more to each chapter.

Monk: I'm 100% sure that she probably killed him.
Stottlemeyer: What does that mean?
Monk: 95%...

I feel like Pepé Le Pew when he look up "pew" in the dictionary. *French accent* Le pew? Moi? Noo. -Shawn Spencer

*British accent* It's a bobble head Bobbie! *head bob* -Special Agen Seely Booth
Thain Peregrin Took I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 04:53 PM   #185
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

I...er...sorta lost my book in the system.
Old 08-24-2006, 10:08 PM   #186
Tuinor
Elven Warrior

My computer on which I was typing my book died! It just won't work anymore. I had over one hundred and fifty pages (eleven chapters) invested in it as well as over two hundred in failed attempts and several corresponding works that tied into it. I have a CD with some of those works written onto it, but it's a read only CD, and the files aren't really up to date. I'm trying to get it repaired, but I've not had the chance to work on it in months and it's really starting to get to me. I am, however, glad to see that you all are having somewhat better luck than I.
Tuinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 10:58 PM   #187
Curubethion
Fenway Ranger, Lord of Red Sox Nation

Man, I really need to back my works up...
My wife once said to me—when I'd been writing for ten or fifteen years—that I could always go back to being a nuclear engineer. And I said to her, 'Harriet, would you let someone who quit his job to go write fantasy anywhere near your nuclear reactor? I wouldn't!' (Robert Jordan)
Curubethion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 02:36 AM   #188
trolls' bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuinor
My computer on which I was typing my book died! It just won't work anymore. I had over one hundred and fifty pages (eleven chapters) invested in it as well as over two hundred in failed attempts and several corresponding works that tied into it. I have a CD with some of those works written onto it, but it's a read only CD, and the files aren't really up to date. I'm trying to get it repaired, but I've not had the chance to work on it in months and it's really starting to get to me. I am, however, glad to see that you all are having somewhat better luck than I.
Ouch!
(Try the power supply...)
Old 08-25-2006, 10:36 AM   #189
Acalewia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuinor
Not good! Did you have a hard copy?

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Old 08-27-2006, 06:41 PM   #190
Huorn
Elven Warrior

I e-mailed myself my backups just incase the shop reformats my hardrive. I sent my computer into the shop to have the plug on it fixed. If they do reformat it, I can just reinstall my word processor and download those backups again.

Just call me Oakie
Huorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 07:51 PM   #191
Tuinor
Elven Warrior

Quote (troll's bane) :

Ouch!
(Try the power supply...)

That's one of the suspected problems. Every once in a while (like on a blue moon at midnight) I can start it, but it dies just as quickly, so we (my mom's boyfriend who is helping repair it) are going to see if it's a software malefunction.

Quote (Acalewia):

Not good! Did you have a hard copy?

Yes, thankfully. It is a outdated just a bit, but I like to think I can remember the changes I've made. I think I'm cursed, though, because I'm at a part in the story where I allways either restart, loose the story, or, as in the most recent case, encounter "technical difficulty".
Tuinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 09:16 PM   #192
Acalewia

I always have a written draft, just in case. I made the mistake of typing what poped in my head and lost the whole story.

Old 08-27-2006, 09:45 PM   #193
trolls' bane

Ah... I think mine is going to get lost in the process of switching hard drives. I just have this gut feeling.
Old 08-29-2006, 08:35 PM   #194
Curubethion
Fenway Ranger, Lord of Red Sox Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acalewia
I always have a written draft, just in case. I made the mistake of typing what poped in my head and lost the whole story.
Same here...the problem is, I radically beefed up the first part of my first book, because it was written when I was in 6th Grade.
My wife once said to me—when I'd been writing for ten or fifteen years—that I could always go back to being a nuclear engineer. And I said to her, 'Harriet, would you let someone who quit his job to go write fantasy anywhere near your nuclear reactor? I wouldn't!' (Robert Jordan)
Curubethion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 08:57 PM   #195
trolls' bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curubethion
Same here...the problem is, I radically beefed up the first part of my first book, because it was written when I was in 6th Grade.
I'm gonna have to do that, not because I wrote it too early, but because it's so damn boring.
Old 08-29-2006, 11:57 PM   #196
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

It's always wise to have the book saved on two computers . . . I should follow my own advice .
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 10:08 PM   #197
Thain Peregrin Took I
Thain of Randomness

I'm actually re-writing what I've written so far, which is only 4 chapters. It's still the same characters and story, but I'm making some changes, fixing things that don't really fit in, and lengthening the chapters. But I plan to keep my original version, just in case later on I find something in there that I decide I want to include later on.

Monk: I'm 100% sure that she probably killed him.
Stottlemeyer: What does that mean?
Monk: 95%...

I feel like Pepé Le Pew when he look up "pew" in the dictionary. *French accent* Le pew? Moi? Noo. -Shawn Spencer

*British accent* It's a bobble head Bobbie! *head bob* -Special Agen Seely Booth
Thain Peregrin Took I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 11:25 PM   #198
trolls' bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thain Peregrin Took I
I'm actually re-writing what I've written so far, which is only 4 chapters. It's still the same characters and story, but I'm making some changes, fixing things that don't really fit in, and lengthening the chapters. But I plan to keep my original version, just in case later on I find something in there that I decide I want to include later on.
Always keep your original version.
*takes out a wooden box and opens it, revealing a large stack of RPG posts that he posted since he first started, including the Fall of Numenor, etcetera*
Old 09-06-2006, 06:33 AM   #199
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thain Peregrin Took I
I do this too. But editing before you have finished is, in my opinion, a bad thing. I know I do it because it is easier to edit what I have already done, than it is to create the next new bit. Procrastination is my WORST enemy.

But if you edit too soon, you get bogged down, and you change things and then things that happen later don't work anymore. It's definately an easier process to write it all, then edit it all, because once you can see the whole work in front of you, written, it is much clearer in your mind and therefore easier to edit.

Oh well... back to my editing...er, writing.

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK

Last edited by Elfmaster XK : 09-08-2006 at 07:24 AM.
Elfmaster XK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 03:19 PM   #200
rael
Hobbit

ok elf master need some tips ask me im writing a book maby you could give me some ideas i could use em go to www.homeschoolblogger.com
And liars come to grief
rael is offline   Reply With Quote