Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2004, 11:39 AM   #1
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

New Quest Discussion Thread!

Hi everyone.

[edit]Okay, we probably have enought players now. However, we are willing to consider anyone else who might like to join. Post in the thread.

This is what it is all about...I am EXK, aka, Captain Xenoia Karris of the former Nance-a-lot. For a long while now there has been a thread:The Quest for the Holy Wine. Finally we have completed it and we need some new blood in the game. If anyone is interested in joining us for a new, crazy adventure on the high seas of...somewhere...then these are the crew's positions. I put a strikethrough...no, because it didn't work...I have italicised the positions of the old crew, but they needed to be there so you could see who's in. If I missed anyone out that's because I'm stupid, sorry.

----------
EDITED: Post to correct me if I have made a mistake.

Captain

Xenoia Karris
First Mate
Eärniel
Second Mate
Sicirus
Navigator
Eärniel
Trimmers (2 or 3) (controlling the sails shapes)
Nurvingiel and CC
Quarter master
Roya
Master at Arms
Gulio
Cook
Tiny
Deckhands (3 or 4)
Flannery, Pansy, Katt
Helmsman (or woman)
Luthien
boatswain
Last Child of Ungoliant
Nippers (to weigh anchor)
Ethuiliel

END EDIT
---------

Additional: Ale-nail and Flannery are characters currently played by everyone and used for plot-devices. If anyone would like to take them on, they may.

Tanoliel and Willow are deserters, awaiting capture. Eruviel Greenleaf was the former captain, and will likely make guest appearances. We would also welcome ideas from any potential players, and characters who might wish to be our enemies are likewise welcome.

Oh, and finally, if anyone would like to play but be allocated a character then I can create one for you. I [blook forward to rp-ing with you!

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK

Last edited by Elfmaster XK : 01-05-2005 at 05:55 AM. Reason: formatting blah balh..
Old 12-28-2004, 03:10 PM   #2
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Maybe just a smal resumé for those who don't have time right now to read through the first game thread (although I would encourage you all to do so for useful backrgound info and maybe a good laugh):

Cue the ship, the brigantine Nance-a-lot, the Nal for short. We sto... er commandeered it to use it for piracy and getting drunk. Most of us are Elves, with the exception of a faery and a vampire.

We undertook a long quest for the Holy Wine, which is the finest wine you can get in Middle-earth. But in the adventure we lost some crewmembers and our captain; and two of our crewwomen,Tano and Willow, deserted us and ran - well... more likely flew off with our Holy Wine before we even had a chance to taste it. (how rude, I hear you say)

We intend to get it (and them) back. But we lack some vital things like supplies and some crewmembers. So we're planning on anchoring at Mithlond -the Grey Havens, as you will all know them- to get just that.

The captain posted some of the vacancies but they're not really mandatory. So if you're interested in joining us (I promiss, you won't get keel-hauled... very often) then post here! Don't make me beg.
Old 12-28-2004, 06:02 PM   #3
Gulio, Strength of Many
Lover of all things orange and cheesy

*insert Muppet Treasure Island flashback* I would be most willing to aid you in your quest to re-find the Holy Wine. ^^ This most Holy Wine would be an excellent... er, artifact to... um, help discover. Again.

It was like the Manifest Destiny all over again, except, instead of taking and consuming everything in their paths for God, they did so with the same fervor and sense of entitlement for their new god... themselves.

If you want to know more about Jesus, have a prayer need, or want to talk about anything, PM me.

Last edited by Gulio, Strength of Many : 12-28-2004 at 06:07 PM.
Old 12-28-2004, 06:37 PM   #4
Bunnie_Queen_1146
90% angel

hey I will be a cook? If ya need one?
/Back when a hoe was a hoe/Coke was a coke/And crack's what you were doing/When you were cracking jokes/Back when a screw was a screw/The wind was all that blew/And when you said I'm down with that Well it meant you had the flu/I miss back when
Old 12-28-2004, 10:42 PM   #5
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

YAY...we are finally gonna get those scally wags for stealing our wine..*hiccup*
So who is gonna brave the crewmates..I mean journey this time?
Old 12-28-2004, 11:07 PM   #6
Bunnie_Queen_1146
90% angel

I haven't rpged on entmoot before. But I am now!! Ok So Am I officially the Cook? (I love cooking )
/Back when a hoe was a hoe/Coke was a coke/And crack's what you were doing/When you were cracking jokes/Back when a screw was a screw/The wind was all that blew/And when you said I'm down with that Well it meant you had the flu/I miss back when
Old 01-04-2005, 08:50 PM   #7
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

if a hole still be open for 'boatswain',
faligorn might be able to be recruited, not quite sure what
a boatswain does, though
Old 01-04-2005, 08:53 PM   #8
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

IIRC this position is abbreviated as Bosun and I think they're responsible for maintenance of the ship - an endless task. I'd have to google it to be sure though.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Old 01-04-2005, 08:54 PM   #9
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurvingiel
IIRC this position is abbreviated as Bosun and I think they're responsible for maintenance of the ship - an endless task. I'd have to google it to be sure though.
well, u know faligorn's character by now, he is up for anything
Old 01-04-2005, 10:08 PM   #10
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

I am having a little trouble posting my part because the character I am talking to or trying to recruit is absent. But I guess I will give her a chance to come back. But I can't really post till then unless something major happens.

I don't mind taking watch. Sicirus loves the night and the sea too much to leave into the cabins.
Old 01-06-2005, 05:01 PM   #11
Lostyia Delr-Padroot
Enting

Location: on this little place called earth or is it middle earth
Strider

looks interesting. mind if i join? i wouldn't mind being Ale-nail or Flannery or even some one new. if its not to late to join i mean.
emokid, i.d. selling -metophysically
she raises her wooden flute to spite pavhowlh.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...e/612f359b.jpg

visit my site at http://cr8tivmind.proboards44.com/
Old 01-06-2005, 09:48 PM   #12
Bunnie_Queen_1146
90% angel

I'm confused what is happening on the rpg....like on the story...lol...help em out plz.lol
Old 01-06-2005, 10:26 PM   #13
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Quote:
Well Willow and Tano seem to have gone missing (Both in and out of game). I'll pm Willow, but I don't want intense plotting like last time to interfere with the game to the point of us needing someone to post and them not being able to. I.e. EG, and so the game has to halt. I also hope she has general plot ideas that aren't too specific so that our new players get a chance to stretch their creativity.

Everybody, you have my deepest apologies for not being here and posting sooner, I didn't actually know that we had started the new quest until Katt told me at school on tuesday and I haven't had time to post till now. College applications and school and stuff. Anyway, for the benefit of everyone who never knew or has forgotten the plotline that was planned for this quest... here it is:

About two summers ago Tano, Eruviel and I and another friend were overnighting at Tano's house and the subject of the Quest came up and much plotting occured. One of the results of this plotting was the idea for the continuation of the quest. After we found the Wine, Tano and I would steal it, and take it to Kiacca, a world of my creation and the place that Willow originates from. I asked Eruviel if we could use it because the geography needs serious developing and she agreed for reasons of her own. Within the story line Tano and I are already in Kiacca and doing stuff. The Nal manned by her new crew is to follow, once in they will meet up with someone who will set them chasing after us and the result will be a wild goose chase after us Wine-thieves that can last as long as we care to continue this.

There will be no intense plotting. The plotting between Eruviel and XK that happened last time is what triggered this plot to steal the Wine in the first place. I will try to post reasonably often, but since I know that I'm likely to get busy and forget and since Tano doesn't seem to be around I will do my best to keep the plot simple. My presence should be mostly un-neccesary except for the occaisional post to leave clues as to where we are and if I can't then I'll let Katt know what needs to happen. There is a map of the world we're using and Katt and I are working on scanning and either posting or e-mailing it to everyone.

That's about it for now, just one more note; Be nice to Flannery and keep him as a public character. He's going to be very very important fairly soon.

Thanks for being patient,
-Maggie/Willow
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 01-07-2005, 06:03 AM   #14
Elfmaster XK

Quote:
Originally Posted by willow oran
That's about it for now, just one more note; Be nice to Flannery and keep him as a public character. He's going to be very very important fairly soon.
Thanks Willow. It's good to see you again. I'll look after Flannery, and will look forward to seeing the occasional post from an old crewmember, even if you did desert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostyia
looks interesting. mind if i join? i wouldn't mind being Ale-nail or Flannery or even some one new. if its not to late to join i mean.
Well, we've started really, now...so it's not a good time to join. If you could keep an eye out on the thread and join further in then that would work. And you'll be able to mke your own character.

I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 01-07-2005, 06:08 AM   #15
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunnie_Queen_1146
I'm confused what is happening on the rpg....like on the story...lol...help em out plz.lol
Sorry Tiny, I think we quite forgot you there for a moment. Let's recap: Nurvingiel, Count and Pansy left the bar, heading for the docks. Xen and Fingolfun left the bar after them and headed for another direction. Eärniel took the back door to get away unseen but ran into an unfriendly old 'business partner', dumped him in a trash can and caught up with Nurvingiel and the other 2 other new recruits.

They ran into some friends of Eärniel's old business partner, they have a small argument about why these men want to have a word with Eärniel and a fight starts. This is where you found/rejoined us again.

Anything else that's unclear?
Old 01-09-2005, 02:05 PM   #16
Bunnie_Queen_1146
90% angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel
Sorry Tiny, I think we quite forgot you there for a moment. Let's recap: Nurvingiel, Count and Pansy left the bar, heading for the docks. Xen and Fingolfun left the bar after them and headed for another direction. Eärniel took the back door to get away unseen but ran into an unfriendly old 'business partner', dumped him in a trash can and caught up with Nurvingiel and the other 2 other new recruits.

They ran into some friends of Eärniel's old business partner, they have a small argument about why these men want to have a word with Eärniel and a fight starts. This is where you found/rejoined us again.

Anything else that's unclear?
Nope Thats pretty good actually...See when your in school...ITs hard because theres so many posts.LoL
Old 01-09-2005, 04:34 PM   #17
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

well, i entered. Am talking to luthien if she cares to reply.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 01-07-2005, 10:51 AM   #18
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostyia Delr-Padroot
It's not too late to join. Especiall if you did play Ale-nail (not that you have to) because no one's playing him yet IIRC. Welcome aboard matey!

If you want to make a new character you can meet the character in two places - in the pub, and the street outside, and near the pub, where there is currently a fairly large street fight as explained by Eärniel.

Wow Willow, glad you could post! Sounds like a totally cool plot, right on. I'm up for it.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Old 01-07-2005, 11:33 AM   #19
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Glad you all approve! It feels good to be posting again, even if it is bad for my shcoolwork...
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 01-07-2005, 12:09 PM   #20
Elfmaster XK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurvingiel
It's not too late to join. Especiall if you did play Ale-nail (not that you have to) because no one's playing him yet IIRC. Welcome aboard matey!
Actually, it is for the moment. I took Ale-nail (Aka Alex (my bad..)) out right at the beginning. And I don't want to have anyone else jumping in right now, and making it difficult to control.

BUT, if still interested then I shall make a joining opportunity arise at our next destination, once we've got everyone aboard and the ship fixed. A little patience is all I ask.

I can fly - my friends.

XK
Closed Thread