Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Middle Earth
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-17-2004, 11:10 AM   #1
Haradrim
The Official Court Jester of the Entmoot

favorite race and why

Which of the races of middle-earth did you like best. Any race so even animals and beasts like wargs and dragons count.
My favorite has to be men because you can tell they have so much pride and
honour. They aren't the strongest, the oldest, or the wisest but they are definately the coolest. I mean who is going to mess with a well seasoned male human warrior. Nobody. Thats right nobody.
Haradrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 11:24 AM   #2
Beren3000
Fëanorophobic

I'll tell you who'd mess with a "well seasoned male human warrior". An Elvish one, that's who. My favorite race has to be Elves. What's not to like about them? They are beautiful, artistic, wise, you name it...

P.S. Welcome to the moot Haradrim how about introducing yourself in the welcome thread in the General messages forum?
Beren3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 11:34 AM   #3
Haradrim
The Official Court Jester of the Entmoot

oh come on. In a straight fight an experianced human fight would kill the experianjced elven fighter in a heartbeat. Really. The human may be less graceful but he is stronger and much more forceful. And I think that would make him win.
Haradrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 03:25 PM   #4
Beren3000
Fëanorophobic

Why would the Man be the more forceful? Is it because he has a beard?

Last edited by Beren3000 : 08-17-2004 at 03:27 PM.
Beren3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 03:32 PM   #5
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Yeah, I'm with Beren on this one. An Elf would whip human booty any day.

Of course Searos didn't prove to be much of a match for Turin, did he?

Welcome to Entmoot Haradrim.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide
Sister Golden Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 04:08 PM   #6
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Yeah, but elves have this annoying tendency to be able to see and hear a human stumbling about; I reckon this could have an unfair advantage over the silly clumsy human.

*BoP would like to see a fight between Feanor and Turin though.
Old 08-17-2004, 05:25 PM   #7
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Golden Hair
Of course Searos didn't prove to be much of a match for Turin, did he?
Turin was one of the greatest warriors ever, and was trained by the elves, while Searus was a simple counselor. The Elves are stronger than men, It seems to me. I think Tolkien mentions it in the Silmarillion a few times, but I can't quote it... So as you can understand, I'm with the elves.
Radagast The Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 09:04 PM   #8
me9996
Ring-smith

Location: Either walking across Rohan or riding through Fangorn forest
Strider

I like wizards!
They have magic and can use it and are neat!
Has no authority whatsoever
Master of messing up
Master of spoiler tags

Thread killer
Ring smith

Merry Christmas!
They'd never say that (Part 2)

What happened to the dragon?
me9996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 04:52 PM   #9
Lenya
Elentári

Quote:
Originally Posted by me9996
I like wizards!
They have magic and can use it and are neat!
That's a big surprise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgoth the Elfbit
I like the dwarves a lot too but my favorite race is the Elfbit. For those of you who dont know an elfbit is a half elf, half hobbit. They are very short, they have pointy ears, and furry feat. Though their feet are not as large as a hobbit they more closely resemble an elf. They are very slender and graceful. Most share the hobbits love of sitting around and doing nothing however some feel a greater calling to the manic depressiveness of the elves. For visual reference look at my avatar take away the blue, the hat, and the shoes, and make them skinny and theyre you go.
And if I ask, just how did this Elfbit race come into being? It is difficult for me to draw a connection between Elves and Hobbits.
Lenya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 09:28 AM   #10
strider8
Elven Warrior

Location: In a spaceship, floating in your puny planet's atmosphere, awaiting orders to invade
Gimli

My favorite race are Dwarves because they are good fighters and they are very sturdy.
The axes hewed Forlong as he fought alone and unhorsed; and both Duilin of Morthond and his brother were trampled to death when they assailed the mumakil,leading their bowmen close to shoot at the eyes of the monsters. Neither Hirluin the fair would return to Pinnath Gelin, nor Grimbold to Grimslade, nor Halbarad to the northlands,dour-handed Ranger.

Those that would not return home, page830-831, The Battle of the Pelennor Fields, The Return of the King
strider8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 09:39 PM   #11
Morgoth the Elfbit
Hobbit

Location: I split my time between Mordor and your Imagination
I like the dwarves a lot too but my favorite race is the Elfbit. For those of you who dont know an elfbit is a half elf, half hobbit. They are very short, they have pointy ears, and furry feat. Though their feet are not as large as a hobbit they more closely resemble an elf. They are very slender and graceful. Most share the hobbits love of sitting around and doing nothing however some feel a greater calling to the manic depressiveness of the elves. For visual reference look at my avatar take away the blue, the hat, and the shoes, and make them skinny and theyre you go.

Here is my permanent apology for off-topicing. If I do it, which i will, I am sorry. I feel bad about it but being an elfbit messes with your head and things get wonky so spamming is almost inevitable. There will be good replys but for when I do off-topic I am deeply sorry.

Offical title: Morgoth the Elfbit: Un-Official Court Jester of the Entmoot

At Your Service.... BOW TO ME!

Miranda Otto is hot!

I Kinda Like Feanor.... (meep)
Morgoth the Elfbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 01:28 PM   #12
Voronwen
Lady of Andúnië

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attalus View Post
LOL, the chief character in my novel has only a 25, making her a Non-Sue. That's encouraging.
Haha! Funny how i happened upon this character-test while i am in the midst of working things out with my own character. She gets 27 points as it stands - 20 of which simply come from her name (because it's the name i use, here and elsewhere). But she is also Non-Sue, despite a few, um, details of the plot (phew! ). I can't believe some of the things in that test, though! I've seen these kinds of tests before and am always appalled by the vast majority of what's on them - do people actually write that stuff? Wait, don't tell me, i don't want to know!

Now to answer the original question of this thread (yes, i like bringing back old threads, sorry ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haradrim View Post
Which of the races of middle-earth did you like best.
Men, Atani, Secondborn. Whatever you want to call them, there's no contest.

Specifically i love the Numenoreans. They represent all of the highest and most noble traits of humanity.

" ...But the Exiles on the shores of the sea, if they turned towards the West in the desire of their hearts, spoke of Mar-nu-Falmar that was whelmed in the waves, Akallabêth the Downfallen, Atalantë in the Eldarin tongue."

"Ye who believe in affection that hopes, and endures, and is patient,
Ye who believe in the beauty and strength of woman's devotion,
List to the mournful tradition still sung by the pines of the forest ... "

~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, Evangeline

Voronwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 01:25 AM   #13
TurinTurambar
Sapling

Id have to say Huan. hes like a race of his own. definitely a bad mama jama
TurinTurambar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 03:12 PM   #14
Hobbit103
Sapling

I like the Elfits, Elfbit is a kinda scary name. But they combine both of my fave races- the Elves and the hobbits who are me every way around except stomach size and height. I wonder if there are any archers................... but if not yay more archery space for me!

Last edited by Hobbit103 : 09-23-2015 at 03:18 PM.
Hobbit103 is offline   Reply With Quote