Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-05-2004, 05:29 PM   #1
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

Radio Drama

I thought I ran out of thread-starting ideas but I have one now! Who here likes radio drama? I listen to the KSURF radio theater almost every night. I love all those old comedies. I especially like The Advenures of the Great Gildersleeve, The Jack Benny Program, Fibber McGee and Molly, The Phil Harris and Alice Fae Show, and other comedies. Good mystery shows are the Saint, The Adventures of Phillip Marlow, Yours Truly, Johnny Dollar. Then the western Have Gun Will Travel. My favorite is in the last 40 minutes, the Imagination Theater, a "double-feature movie for your mind." I think there's a site where you can listen to Imgaination Theater, so I'll come back with it.
Old 08-05-2004, 05:57 PM   #2
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

Yes, I occasionally listne to radio drama.

I used to listen to Imagination Theater all the time (its Sunday night, right?).

http://www.transmediasf.com/imag.html

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
HOBBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 09:21 PM   #3
trolls' bane

Yeah, that's it. On KSURF it's every night, except weekends.
Old 08-05-2004, 10:48 PM   #4
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

hmm - every night EXCEPT the weekends? That doesn't make much sense. Maybe they run reruns?

I don't know about that other radio drama, but imagination theater is a weekly thing. They have a new show every week. It wouldn't make much sense to play it every night.

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
HOBBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 03:12 AM   #5
sun-star
Lady of Letters

I like the afternoon dramas on Radio 4 - sometimes they're great, sometimes they're terrible, but they pass the time nicely. I like their classic serials too - at the moment I'm listening to Little Women.
For centuries to come, when not a soul
Is left to picnic on the blazing rocks,
When England is not England, when mankind
Has blown himself to pieces. Still the sea,
Consolingly disastrous, will return
While the strange starfish, hugely magnified,
Waits in the jewelled basin of a pool.
sun-star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 05:35 PM   #6
trolls' bane

I don't think they're reruns. I have'nt heard the same ones more that once, but I've only been listening for a few months.
Old 08-08-2005, 05:29 PM   #7
Smeagol_fan
Hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by trolls' bane
I thought I ran out of thread-starting ideas but I have one now! Who here likes radio drama? I listen to the KSURF radio theater almost every night. I love all those old comedies. I especially like The Advenures of the Great Gildersleeve, The Jack Benny Program, Fibber McGee and Molly, The Phil Harris and Alice Fae Show, and other comedies. Good mystery shows are the Saint, The Adventures of Phillip Marlow, Yours Truly, Johnny Dollar. Then the western Have Gun Will Travel. My favorite is in the last 40 minutes, the Imagination Theater, a "double-feature movie for your mind." I think there's a site where you can listen to Imgaination Theater, so I'll come back with it.
Cool. I'm also a fan of radio shows. I've actually been in a couple of performances of Radioland (a performance of radio shows on stage that my school puts on once a year). One of my favorite parts that I had was that of Teeny in Fibber McGee and Molly.
Smeagol_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 06:10 PM   #8
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Hi, Smeagol fan! Welcome to the Moot! I, too, am a big fan of the little wretch Smeagol . Say, you know about radio shows - I'm wondering, have you ever heard of The Goon Show, I think it's called? It's an old English radio comedy show that Peter Sellers starred in, in the 30's or 40's, maybe even 1950's.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Lotesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 06:25 PM   #9
Smeagol_fan
Hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
Hi, Smeagol fan! Welcome to the Moot! I, too, am a big fan of the little wretch Smeagol . Say, you know about radio shows - I'm wondering, have you ever heard of The Goon Show, I think it's called? It's an old English radio comedy show that Peter Sellers starred in, in the 30's or 40's, maybe even 1950's.
Hey. Thanks for the warm welcome. Unfortunately, I have not heard of the Goon Show (if I have, I've forgotten). I could ask my teacher when I get the chance. I'm sure she'd know.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:52 PM   #10
Smeagol_fan
Hobbit

Oh, yes. You like Smeagol,too? Cool.