Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-03-2006, 10:38 PM   #1
Desperado_51
Hobbit

Best game ever made. For now.

Tell me your favorite game then tell me the console. Mine is Dawn of War, Sims 2, and Star Wars Battle Front 2. They are all for the computer.
Soon im getting a PSP!!
Desperado_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 04:45 AM   #2
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

I suppose my favorite game is a tie between Disc World II: Missing Presumed and The Two Towers. They're both for computer, since that is all I have (or need), well, beside a 17 year-old or so game boy, that is. Both are games that take almost an entire day to finish.

Disc World II is based on the popular fantasy-series of Disc World by Terry Pratchett (for those who don't know it). It full of jokes, both in dialogues and in the missions you have to furfill. It's a pity I never got my hands on the other two Disc World computer games.

The Two Towers is a pretty old game since it still runs on diskettes and can only be played on Windows 95 and lower, but it managed to play a bigger role in my visual interpretation of LoTR than the movies.
Old 01-04-2006, 07:30 AM   #3
BeardofPants
the Shrike

I've played all of the discworld games, I think. Or at least 2 early ones, and noir. They were pretty good, but I preferred the lucasarts adventure games like Day of the Tentacle, and Monkey Islands 1 & 2. Also loved System Shock 1. All for the computer. Oh, and Myst.
Old 01-04-2006, 09:16 AM   #4
Earniel

Yes, those are quite fun too. I loved the insult-contest in monkey island I. Mwahahah! My sister and I still know a few by heart.

Speaking of Lucasart games, have you ever played Loom? It's adorably cute.
Old 01-04-2006, 11:28 AM   #5
katya
Elven Maiden

I`m gonna say Final Fantasy VII (PS). I know a lot of people don`t like it especially if you don`t like RPGs or whatever, but I honestly think it`s a really good game. It`s fun (I think anyway) and it`s got a really deep story for a video game. And I`m currently going through a FF phase, but that`s irrelevant (or is it?). I won`t say VIII even though I like it just as much (well, some days) because I think in the end VII is a better game, both gameplay and story.

Other than that I have a remarkably small number of games I have played (as I am poor), and just play the same ones over and over. I thought Devil May Cry (1 was better than 2, haven`t played 3) was a really fun game but I`m sure there are probably better ones out there. But it had a good feeling, the gameplay was really fun, it looked cool, it was addicting. But I guess that`s more of a "Katya`s favourite" than "best".
katya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 12:02 PM   #6
brownjenkins
Advocatus Diaboli

monkey island 1&2 were definitely two i enjoyed most... and myst... the original pirates was pretty cool too
Old 01-06-2006, 07:47 AM   #7
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel
Speaking of Lucasart games, have you ever played Loom? It's adorably cute.
Yes, I adored Loom as well. All the lucasarts games sea-gulls are acredited to Loom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownjenkins
monkey island 1&2 were definitely two i enjoyed most... and myst... the original pirates was pretty cool too
This is why we wuvs j00, Tom.
Old 01-06-2006, 08:41 AM   #8
Earniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardofPants
Yes, I adored Loom as well. All the lucasarts games sea-gulls are acredited to Loom.
Really? I didn't know, but I probably could have known. I liked the little cross-overs between Loom and Monkey Island, like when you hit the circus tentpole in Monkey Island I, you can also say "I am Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother?". Of course, you only get it if you have played Loom as well. It's a hidden commercial, basically, but a fun one.