Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-29-2006, 09:26 PM   #1
Sam
Elven Warrior

Injuries

I know it sounds a bit sadistic, but this thread is for people to write about what injuries they've had lately, and how they got them.
I myself have recently pulled a muscle in my hip while running, fallen off a giant statue, slipped and hit my head while walking in a McDonalds, and just about an hour ago, I got hit in the head with a baseball! (i guess i'm just an accident waiting to happen!)
Old 04-29-2006, 09:31 PM   #2
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Sorry to hear that, Sam!
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 10:43 PM   #3
Sam
Elven Warrior

it's ok, i'm recovering
Old 04-30-2006, 10:05 PM   #4
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Hmm. Well I burned myself this afternoon. We have one of those oven-stovetop things, instead of an oven in the wall like a lot of people seem to have, and today I was reaching in to pull out a pie.

My mother was distracting me by telling me to be careful, and I was just turning towards her to ask her to stop distracting me when--you guessed it--I let my arm tilt just a little too much and bumped my forearm against the top of the oven.

It burned the hair right off that part of my arm, and raised a lovely welt. There was even a sizzling sound as the hair burned and the skin bumped.

Oh well--it doesn't hurt that much, but I was extremely annoyed with my mother .
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 07:08 AM   #5
Farimir Captain of Gondor
Spaceman Spiff

Location: In the belly of a Firefly, living in Serenity is where you'll find me
Um, if it doesn't hurt that much it might be an indication that you burnt the nerve endings. Not a good thing. I can't even begin to count the number of times I've burnt myself on the stove. Me and cooking just don't mix.

I've got a good one. I was playing softball yesterday(I play shortstop) and I went to feild a ground ball hit to me when it took a wicked bounce and hit me smack in the shoulder. Well, I kinda turned into it. 'Better to take one in the shoulder than in the face' my old gaffer use to say. Anyway, I was wearing a cut-off shirt, you know, without the sleeves, and it hit flesh instaed of shirt. Left a nasty welt and you could almost make out the threads on the ball. It bruised over night and is a nice purple-ish color now. I love playing softball.
Old 05-01-2006, 02:45 PM   #6
strider8
Elven Warrior

Location: In a spaceship, floating in your puny planet's atmosphere, awaiting orders to invade
Today I slammed the back of my head on my shelf on the corner climbed down my ladder (feeling reelly dissy) and nearly sprained my ankle. I had to stop doing my homework (Yay) because I felt so dissy.
The axes hewed Forlong as he fought alone and unhorsed; and both Duilin of Morthond and his brother were trampled to death when they assailed the mumakil,leading their bowmen close to shoot at the eyes of the monsters. Neither Hirluin the fair would return to Pinnath Gelin, nor Grimbold to Grimslade, nor Halbarad to the northlands,dour-handed Ranger.

Those that would not return home, page830-831, The Battle of the Pelennor Fields, The Return of the King
strider8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 10:35 PM   #7
klatukatt
Entmoot's Drunken Uncle

Self inflicted:

I was on the bus with a magnifying glass and not much to do so I tested how long I could burn my skin until it really hurt. The bus started moving, much to my relief, but it left a nasty blister.

Ooh, and Friday on the bus I showed my friend how to pinch properly, so now I have some nasty bruises on my arm.

Also, I have a hole in my arm from where they drew blood today. Does that count?
klatukatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 11:37 PM   #8
gollum9630
Canadian Guy.

haha, I've had so many crazy injuries, to many self inflicted,. I guess my hand and metal dont really mix

Right now I have a bruise on my left forearm from being stepped on in my soccer game (im a keeper) and my left wrist is swollen from being kicked there.

Wierd Harry Potter quotes

the old nintendo duck hunt game

Lemmings

Swron

Random Homer Simpson Quotes
gollum9630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 04:56 PM   #9
Sam
Elven Warrior

Last summer I was out camping with a few friends, it had rained the night before and everything was all soggy and gross. So we went to the only dryish area we could find and started throwing rocks at stuff. Long story short, I got nailed in the shoulder!
Old 05-03-2006, 05:47 PM   #10
Pytt
The Supreme Lord of The Northern Eagles

ouch! And still you guys live to tell about it!?
Old 05-03-2006, 05:56 PM   #11
Sam
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by klatukatt
Self inflicted:

I was on the bus with a magnifying glass and not much to do so I tested how long I could burn my skin until it really hurt. The bus started moving, much to my relief, but it left a nasty blister.

Ooh, and Friday on the bus I showed my friend how to pinch properly, so now I have some nasty bruises on my arm.

Also, I have a hole in my arm from where they drew blood today. Does that count?
aparently, bad things happen on the bus
Old 05-03-2006, 08:10 PM   #12
durinsbane2244
Dreamweaver

i was running up bleachers pretty fast, and i'm a tad flat-footed...suffice to say, i tripped, and nailed me nose! i broke it, but it was fine, didn't even hurt! anyway, it's back to normal now, 'cept it's a bit crooked...
And we are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers,
And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers,
On whom the pale moon gleams:
Yet we are the movers and shakers
Of the world for ever, it seems.
----------------
Shanti, shanti, shantih...
durinsbane2244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 08:23 PM   #13
Sam
Elven Warrior

at the age of five, i decided to race my brother up an escalator, i still have a nice scar on my knee.
Old 05-03-2006, 08:26 PM   #14
durinsbane2244
Dreamweaver

ooh...nice, that...
And we are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers,
And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers,
On whom the pale moon gleams:
Yet we are the movers and shakers
Of the world for ever, it seems.
----------------
Shanti, shanti, shantih...
durinsbane2244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 10:06 PM   #15
Sam
Elven Warrior

that what?
Old 05-04-2006, 01:04 AM   #16
Thain Peregrin Took I
Thain of Randomness

Well, I was playing some soccer and I was playing goalie. I didn't mean to, but I blocked a shot with my chest. The ball hit pretty hard too, but it didn't leave a bruise or anything.

A couple months ago at basketball practice, I tried to catch the ball and my finger was straight when the ball hit it. So I ended up jamming my finger, which was very painful. For several weeks my finger was a purple color and was swollen about twice its size. It took a while for me to actually be able to bend it again, then once I was able to bend it, I jammed it again! But it wasn't as bad and there was no swelling. Just temporary pain, then it was better after about a day.

Monk: I'm 100% sure that she probably killed him.
Stottlemeyer: What does that mean?
Monk: 95%...

I feel like Pepé Le Pew when he look up "pew" in the dictionary. *French accent* Le pew? Moi? Noo. -Shawn Spencer

*British accent* It's a bobble head Bobbie! *head bob* -Special Agen Seely Booth
Thain Peregrin Took I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 06:29 PM   #17
Sam
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thain Peregrin Took I
A couple months ago at basketball practice, I tried to catch the ball and my finger was straight when the ball hit it. So I ended up jamming my finger, which was very painful. For several weeks my finger was a purple color and was swollen about twice its size. It took a while for me to actually be able to bend it again, then once I was able to bend it, I jammed it again! But it wasn't as bad and there was no swelling. Just temporary pain, then it was better after about a day.
I hate it when that happens!
Old 05-04-2006, 08:37 PM   #18
klatukatt
Entmoot's Drunken Uncle

bad things keep happening to my right leg

dropped a desk on my foot, my ankle never healed from the spraining, jeans scraped the skin off the back of my knee, what is wrong with this picture?
Old 05-11-2006, 12:22 AM   #19
Sam
Elven Warrior

You know what really sucks, falling down a flight of stairs!
It's like hitting the ground really hard with your head, shoulders, elboes, knees, and butt over and over again until you finally smash into a wall at the bottom of the stairs. Then you stand up (if you can) and hobble around, shaking your arms saying "Oww, oh, ooo," in a very odd, kind of quiet voice.

happened to me yesterday!
Old 05-11-2006, 12:39 AM   #20
klatukatt
Entmoot's Drunken Uncle

ooh ouch!

I was on one a those.... dang... I forget what they're called. You know, the merry-go-rounds at playgrounds...

ah well. I was on a merry-go-round and I tried to get off but my knee hit one of the bars and I flipped over and landed on my shoulder on the ground. Man, it was funny.