Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Writer's Workshop
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-27-2003, 08:25 PM   #1
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Plots

Here we can discuss plots, old ones that we've discarded or new ones that we're working on. Old plots we've discarded can be posted here as well.
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 08:32 PM   #2
Ninquelote
Elven Warrior

I had this old plot back when I was twelve (dude, two years ago, perhaps I should revive it...). It was a Redwall-ish style, and all the members of the royal family had Japanese names starting with an 'N'. I don't know why. Well, is started off as Nanaka and Nakatomi, brother and sister, their mother (last remaining parent) dies, leaving Nanaka to the throne. Nakatomi, thinking he can rule better, tries on a few occasions to kill his sister. Nanaka promptly exiles him. Nakatomi takes half of Nanaka's troops, and goes off on his own. He becomes Duke Nakatomi the Rapacious (or some R-word meaning theiving or whatnought), and attacks innocents. He comes across a band of Foxes (I forgot to mention, but the royal family are black foxes, and the troops are ferrets, stoats, rats, weasels, ect.), and recruits them into his army. I think the leader of the hoard of Foxes was named Garet. Nakatomi slays Garet's brother Alec, and Garet tries to kill Nakatomi, but does not succeed. Garet eventually comes to Nanaka's castle, where he is tended to and eventually gets better. Garet and Nanaka go to stop Nakatomi, then there's some sort of phrophecy thing with the first Black Fox, Narashite (The Bellringer. Again, I have no idea.), Nanaka being the reincarnation of this founder. She (eventually) slays Nakatomi, gives Alec a proper burial, then Nanaka and Garet fall in love and such.

XIAN- for hating Wiccans.
MURDERER- for hating vegetarians.
PREP- for hating Goths.

These are a few of my favourite things, the hypocritical stylings of the most "liberal" groups.
Ninquelote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 08:34 PM   #3
Ninquelote
Elven Warrior

Points to you if you can say all of that in one breath.

PREP- for hating Goths.

These are a few of my favourite things, the hypocritical stylings of the most "liberal" groups.
Old 04-27-2003, 08:51 PM   #4
Ninquelote
Elven Warrior

I had another plot back in fifth grade. I'm seriously thinking of revising it, because to me, it's still gold.

There's this white Dragon, raised by Death (aka- The Grim Reaper), to kill people. It does so readily. However, in the clutch that Death held (the mixed broods of the previous dragons he had owned and worked to death), only two dragons were born. One, named White Blood, and other, named (I think) Icey (I was ten/eleven.) They were not supposed to meet, but eventually they did, held secret meetings, and (dun dun dun) White Blood is 'pregnant' herself. (I really don't know what to call it when a Lizard is carrying eggs) Death, outraged, kills Icey, takes White Blood's eggs and sends White Blood to be chained in a cave to wither away. Now, up until then, White Blood was always told never, ever to be touched by the rays of the sun. She was told it would burn her to a crisp because her body temperature is so low. Eventually, while in the cave, she touches the sun, and the Sun Goddess (Her name was Ariza. I'm thinking of changing it to Amaterasu just for fun) comes down and tells her not to be afraid. The Sun Goddess takes White Blood to her shrine, where she tells her that the attack on Death will begin, and they will save her children. White Blood is cleansed from all her murderous rampages, and simply wants to raise her Children in peace. They attack Death's fortress, take White Blood's hatchlings, and they then reside as protectors of The Sun Goddess' shrine.

So, what do you think? Was my Fifth Grade mind better than my mind now?

PREP- for hating Goths.

Old 04-27-2003, 10:08 PM   #5
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

I've reworked one plot over like three or four times. In it's earliest stages (WARNING: FOLLOWING CONTENT MAY SHOCK) the main character was a creature called an obil with wings on it's back, short and fat, and with hairy hands. I don't remember much about that time, but I do remember way back when, my world (don't even know if it was called Lisman at the time) was basically a cross between Narnia and Middle-earth with a few wierd changes. But I'm pretty sure it followed the same basic storyline.

In the second version, there was a quest to recover something, I don't remember for sure what (I think way back then it was still the Scrolls of Law). There had to be a company gathered with someone from every race to undertake it. The "main character" here was an Earth Gnome, short creatures of earthy skin and beard with a deep attunement to the earth that dwelt in holes in the ground (not like Hobbit-holes, but burrows). I remember there was a Centaur and a Dwarf, and I think a few Elves and a Tree Gnome, maybe some other creatures, by the time I gave up on it. Oh yeah, and I'd also managed to kill off one of the characters. Though he wasn't really a main character, and it was really for development of another character, his brother (maybe twin, don't remember). It wasn't so bad at first, but then my writing time got limitted, so I would just get on and type things as they came to me, and before too long, I made the mistake of going back over what I had read...:rollees:
(Also, there was some creature that was a unicorn with golden butterfly wings, an extremely holy creature. In case you're wondering, this creature [Ithilin or something like that] and the Tree and Earth Gnomes no longer exist, though I'd like to have a kind of just plain Gnome similar to the Earth Gnome, don't know if I could manage it though.)

In the latest Incarnation, a Prophet came to an Elven priest (quite possibly going to change to a Human priest), and tells him of the Quest; when he accepts the mantle of the leader, he is anointed, given instructions, and imbued with a bit of Divine Will, that he tell those set apart to be Lawbringers.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 10:18 PM   #6
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

The current noir mystery I'm working on has a lot of complexity to it, much of which I still have to work out in several respects, so I'm not going into too much detail about it. It's a complete rewrite and expansion of a short story I did in the ninth grade, which was the tale of two private detectives who lead their lives very differently. One is a thinking man who never seems to get interesting cases, and is frustrated with always being in second place. The other is a dashing vigilante of superhero mystique who always collides head-on with the biggest villains in town, never seems to leave the public eye, and is all too perfect to the point where it is suspicious. The story is a mystery on the surface, but is mainly focused on the paths of these two characters and what happens when they cross. Think of it as a critique of the human fascination with good and evil.

I have a few other ideas sitting around for the far future, though they are just very general synopses right now, and I'm not sure if I'll ever expand them to novel-length works or confine them to short story length. Some of them are political in nature. One is a satire of Greek mythology in the context of a parliamentary government of deities. Another is about how a beloved children's author holds incredible sway over an entire country.
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote