Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-10-2003, 09:31 PM   #1
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Joe Millionaire....

Is anyone watching this show? I've been watching it and for some strange reason I like it, lol. I missed the first episode, but have been watching since. The guy is as dumb as a doorknob, and the women are a bunch of fakes, but for some reason I like it
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Dúnedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 09:38 PM   #2
Erawyn
Elven Warrior

All the women are just so horrible!!! I've only seen a couple of episodes, but I did quite enjoy when that horse ran off on him

"Be not so bigoted to any custom as to worship it at the expense of Truth."
Johann Georg von Zimmermann
Erawyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 11:06 PM   #3
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

lol

Ok, just saw the episode tonight, one more left to go. I think I know what is going to happen. I think he is going to tell the woman he chooses that he didn't inherit the 50 million and then apparently she will give him her answer later on that evening after he tells her. Then if she comes to him saying she wants to be with him anyway for him and not the money, then I think he will uncover something else about himself and I gather it will be about him having money anyway, but just not the way they said he got it.

At the end tonight they did say there was a twist, and when they were saying that they showed him saying he didn't inherit the money and then they showed him waiting for the girl to come tell him her answer, so that is why I am theorizing the way I am
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Old 02-11-2003, 12:03 AM   #4
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

I've never watched an episode, but I think it's great that some little gold-digger will get a nasty surprise.

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 12:10 AM   #5
Elven Archer
Elven Warrior

i've been watching it too. not sure why. his last name is Marriot so there's a slim chance he might have money from the hotel chain. but in one of the episodes he talks about how it's eatin' him up inside lying to all the girls.
he's not very romantic. on one date he was on some beach with the sunset and wine and all that and he starts talking about ingrown toenails.
Old 02-11-2003, 07:14 PM   #6
Erawyn
Elven Warrior

I read in EW that he actually was an underwear model, and until recently lived in this HUGE house near Hollywood...

"Be not so bigoted to any custom as to worship it at the expense of Truth."
Johann Georg von Zimmermann
Erawyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 08:36 PM   #7
The Lady of the Wood
Enting

i like that show!i hope he picks zora!

Quote:
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost,
The old that are strong do not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring!
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be King!

Òevil will always triumph, because good is dumb.Ó

-darth helmet

donÕt count on me to let you know when.donÕt count on me, ill do it again. dont count on me, the point youre missing, donÕt count on me, cause im not listening.

Òyou insult me with your presenceÓ

Òthe phantom of the opera is there, inside your mind.Ó
The Lady of the Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 01:41 PM   #8
Elven Archer
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Erawyn
I read in EW that he actually was an underwear model, and until recently lived in this HUGE house near Hollywood...
he was also a wrestler or was trying to become one or was a wrestler referee or something. and he was in a soap opera for a scene or two.
Old 02-14-2003, 02:51 PM   #9
RosieCotton
Elven Warrior

Zora lives only a little ways from me, but I don't watch the show. I think that reality television is pretty stupid. I don't know why any women would go on TV in front of the whole country and see if they can fall in love with one man while he's dating a bunch of other women.

And they call it REALITY televsion.

*sigh*

Rosie
He snatches the moons from out of the sky.
RosieCotton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2003, 05:22 PM   #10
Elven Archer
Elven Warrior

so do you know who he picked then?

Reality TV is pretty stupid. How realistic is having 20 girls or guys to date for a couple weeks and then expect that one of those 20 is someone your going to marry and be happy with? or living on an island somewhere for a month. yeah that kind of stuff happens every day.
Old 02-14-2003, 06:37 PM   #11
gdl96
the greg the admin

Reality TV is not about being realistic, its about putting real people into various situations.
gdl96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2003, 10:00 PM   #12
Elvengirl
Mirthful Maiden

I actually have been watching this show even though I don't really watch TV especially reality shows. I really like Zora and I hope she gets chosen, though it seems like Sara might. Anyway I'm curious to see what happens. There is supposed to be some twist in the end.
Elvengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2003, 11:29 PM   #13
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Originally posted by Elven Archer
so do you know who he picked then?

Reality TV is pretty stupid. How realistic is having 20 girls or guys to date for a couple weeks and then expect that one of those 20 is someone your going to marry and be happy with? or living on an island somewhere for a month. yeah that kind of stuff happens every day.

Especially after the show is over, they could probably date anyone they want!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Elvengirl
I actually have been watching this show even though I don't really watch TV especially reality shows. I really like Zora and I hope she gets chosen, though it seems like Sara might. Anyway I'm curious to see what happens. There is supposed to be some twist in the end.
I like Zora too. At first I didn't, I liked MOJO (yummy! ), but Zora has really grown on me, I like her personality now and she does many cute things. I think Sara is about the fakest woman I have ever seen. She is a damn liar and rather slutty/trashy in my opinion...

--Linaewen
Old 02-15-2003, 12:58 AM   #14
Elven Archer
Elven Warrior

i hope he picks Zora. Sara was in some kinky foot fetish films. so yeah she is kinda trashy in my opinion too.
Old 02-21-2003, 11:59 PM   #15
Bunnie_Queen_1146
90% angel

and the winner is ZORA!!
/Back when a hoe was a hoe/Coke was a coke/And crack's what you were doing/When you were cracking jokes/Back when a screw was a screw/The wind was all that blew/And when you said I'm down with that Well it meant you had the flu/I miss back when
Bunnie_Queen_1146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2003, 09:21 AM   #16
Elvengirl
Mirthful Maiden

Yea !!!
Elvengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 12:20 AM   #17
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

i only watched one part of that whole entire stupid series and it was just the part who he chose...all the girls were just after the money.... i mean after all who wouldnt be and it paid off for zora she got half a million dollars
"Trying is the first step to failure" Homer Simpson
"It isn't going to be easy"-jerseydevil
"only the good die young"
I AM CANADIAN

If the people lead, the leaders will follow.
gimli7410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 05:03 PM   #18
gollum9630
Canadian Guy.

It was a stupid show. All it showed us is how greedy people have become.

Wierd Harry Potter quotes

the old nintendo duck hunt game

Lemmings

Swron

Random Homer Simpson Quotes
gollum9630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 10:39 PM   #19
Ma Uai: Ua Nemti
Elven Warrior

I hate those shows. Joe Millionare, The Bachelor, The Bachelorette, all of um. They make such a mockery of the institution of marriage.

"Vires decusque."
Ma Uai: Ua Nemti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 10:52 PM   #20
Legolas_Frodo_Aragorn
The Elven Queen Of All Pyros

Location: Im like a little bug stuck in the lamp...never going anywhere
I like Joe Millionare...Some of the girls are ok...but i thought hyde was a biatch..LOL...i watch it because my favorite show, boston public is on, and at the computer i usually am to lazy to turn it off....

Procrastinators Unite!!!.....tomorrrow....

Kids in backseats cause accidents...accidents in backseats cause kids

As long as there are tests..there will be prayers in school
Legolas_Frodo_Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote