Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-13-2002, 08:39 PM   #1
entss89
lord of the ents

if you could...........................

if you could live anywhere where would it be? personally mine would be montana! u?
entss89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2002, 08:55 PM   #2
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

I like New Jersey. I've lived in San Diego, California, Salem, West Virginia, Seymour, Indiana, Portland, Oregon and Chicago Illinois. I like central New Jersey the best.

When I was in high school I used to want to live in England. After I had gotten a chance to go twice there, I decided it wasn't for me.

I still like to travel around a lot though and experienve new places - just have no desire to live any place else.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2002, 08:58 PM   #3
Erawyn
Elven Warrior

New Zealand, or Vermont!

"Be not so bigoted to any custom as to worship it at the expense of Truth."
Johann Georg von Zimmermann
Erawyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2002, 09:11 PM   #4
entss89
lord of the ents

wow i have only lived in north carolina my whole life! i would love to be you jersey devil!
entss89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2002, 09:43 PM   #5
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by entss89
wow i have only lived in north carolina my whole life! i would love to be you jersey devil!
Moving around a lot is hard. But I have a cousin that lives in Asheville NC and my Aunt and Uncle live in Greensboro NC. We almost moved to Birmingham Alabama and Greenville South Carolina also.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 10-13-2002, 10:22 PM   #6
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

Well seeing as I have lived in the same house all my life (in a small town in AL), I haven't had the chance to experience living elsewhere, but of the places I have visited I would love to live in: North Carolina, Chico or San Fransisco CA, Nashville TN, and Chesterfield/Richmond VA. And I'd like to visit and possibly live in New York, England, Ireland (Republic of), New Zealand, Hawaii, or Chicago IL.

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
galadriel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2002, 10:25 PM   #7
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Alaska.
Sister Golden Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2002, 10:37 PM   #8
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

Nuh uh, too cold for me. I couldn't stand year round snow!

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
galadriel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2002, 10:45 PM   #9
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by galadriel88
Nuh uh, too cold for me. I couldn't stand year round snow!
Well, your so far south that you probably don't get a lot of snow ever, or just here and there. I all ready live in a reasonably cold climate. My weather is greatly effected by systems that move out of Canada and across Lake Erie. Snow and cold are pretty normal here, and I have here like you in Al, lived here all my life.

I hate hot weather.
Sister Golden Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2002, 10:58 PM   #10
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Wow. There's lots of places that I'd like to live in. New York, Tuscany, Geneva, San Fran... How could I ever decide on one place? I think once I get everything sorted out on this end, I'll be bunny hopping every where... trying to get a taste of everything.
Old 10-13-2002, 10:58 PM   #11
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

I'm with you on Alaska SGH. It's one of the very few places I'd like to visit. Someday, Ill save up for one of those cruises up the coast. A friend did a cruise to the FJords (?) in Norway or Sweden or some scandanavian area, and raved about it. I hate to be hot and sweaty and stuck inside the house cause you drip sweat and get bit by mosquitos. On our farm, winter is the best time to hike along the creek and explore, in the summer everything's grown over with waist high weeds. Yeah, Alaska!
Old 10-13-2002, 11:03 PM   #12
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

Why would I want to live anywhere but Alabama?

We hardly ever get snow. I can only remember about 4 or 5 times that it has snowed. I live in LA (Lower Alabama ), but I think North Alabama gets snow a little bit more often than we do.

If you hate hot weather SGH, don't come to Alabama. Just a couple of days ago the high temperature was about 90 or so. And during the summer the humidity is oppressive.

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2002, 11:10 PM   #13
osszie
Elven Warrior

Ah, I love merry old England.........I think my permanent home will always be here

There are LOADS of places that I would like to spend extended time in tho', Russia, Prague, Greece, Kenya, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, China...........jeez be here all night listing them...........someone lend me the travel cash and I'll send you all postcards
osszie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2002, 11:19 PM   #14
jerseydevil

Khamûl - I love snow. Sledding and ice skating. I love the smell of the street venders roasting chestnuts and roasted peanuts in NYC.

But Spring and Fall are my favorite seasons and without the cold winter and hot summer - you can't really get those.

Osszie - I've always wanted to visit St Petersburg.

Okay so this thread was about where we wanted to live. But as i stated - I like NJ because so much is here. I'm an hour and half from the mountains for skiing, down the street from Princeton University, half hour from Great Adventure - the largest amusement park in the country with the largest drive through safari outside of Africa, an hour from the beach and boardwalks and an hour from New York and Phildelphia and about 2 hours from Atlantic City. Not much more I can ask for.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 10-13-2002 at 11:21 PM.
Old 10-13-2002, 11:21 PM   #15
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally posted by osszie
Ah, I love merry old England.........
You mean that place full of pasty white grumpy people?
Old 10-13-2002, 11:29 PM   #16
osszie
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by BeardofPants
You mean that place full of pasty white grumpy people?
HEY!!! I resemble that comment ............at least I do on a Sunday morning, a curse on all hangovers
Old 10-13-2002, 11:34 PM   #17
Rûdhaglarien
Elven Warrior

Anywhere?? Hmmm... well, since Lothlorien isn't technically real, I would have to say, Martinique. I had to do a project on it in French class two years ago... Beautiful.
Old 10-13-2002, 11:40 PM   #18
osszie
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by jerseydevil
Okay so this thread was about where we wanted to live. But as i stated - I like NJ because so much is here. I'm an hour and half from the mountains for skiing, down the street from Princeton University, half hour from Great Adventure - the largest amusement park in the country with the largest drive through safari outside of Africa, an hour from the beach and boardwalks and an hour from New York and Phildelphia and about 2 hours from Atlantic City. Not much more I can ask for.
Erm............JD when I hit the link for Princeton University I get a piccy of a man with a bald head ............... which is very nice but we have bald heads aplenty in the UK

Oh St Petersburg..........a friend of mine went there a coupla years ago.........their home movies are great, looks gorgeous

Last edited by osszie : 10-13-2002 at 11:43 PM.
Old 10-13-2002, 11:50 PM   #19
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by osszie
Erm............JD when I hit the link for Princeton University I get a piccy of a man with a bald head ............... which is very nice but we have bald heads aplenty in the UK
Well he did win the Nobel Prize for economic sciences.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide