Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Fantasy and Sci-Fi Novels
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-16-2002, 03:45 PM   #1
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

Location: My mother would say somewhere between the adult mystery section and the YA sci-fi
I don't suppose anyone here reads Madame L'engle?

She writes some really cool books that take you beyond the realm of what you thought possible. I think that my fav characters would have to be Meg, Charles Wallace, and Vicky Austin. (Thiugh Zachary is always somewhere around there.)
"The Astels are an emotional people. They cry at the drop of a handkerchief. Their culture is much like that of Pelosia. They're extremely devot and invincibly backward. It's been demonstrated to them over an over that serfdom is an archaic, inefficent institution, but they maintain it anyway--largely at the connivance of the serfs thmselves. Astellian nobles don't exert themselves in any way, so they have no concept of human endurance. The serfs take advantage of that outrageously. Astellian serfs have been known to collapse from sheer exhauston at the very mention of such unpleasant words as 'reaping' or 'digging'."

-----------------------------------------------

“They lost him?!” Lupin asked , amazed. “Voldemort has been after Harry for 15 years, and then he misplaces him?!”
TwirlingString is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2002, 06:25 PM   #2
elf_princess
Elven Warrior

I love her! She writes some awesome books! Which ones have you read?? I've only read A Wrinkle in Time, A Swiftly Tilting Planet, A Wind in the Door, and Many Waters. So far my favorite book is Many Waters... it was great. One of those you can't put down. My favorite characters would have to be the twins (Sandy and Dennys)... they play the main roles in Many Waters.
elf_princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2002, 06:36 PM   #3
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

Location: My mother would say somewhere between the adult mystery section and the YA sci-fi
I have read ( that I Remember)[list=1][*]A Wrinkle in Time[*]A Swiftly Tilting Planet[*]An Acceptable Time[*]Meet the Austins[*]Star by Star[*]Arm of the Starfish[*]The Young Unicorns[*]A ring of endless light[*]A Wind in the Door[*]Many Waters[*]...and somemore that I don't remember the title of.[/list=1]

She's a really great author and the twins are great. they take things in stride and don't let it shake their belief in science(somehow) I remember wishing they didn't have to leave in that book. I think my current fav is The Young Unicorns which is in another series
"The Astels are an emotional people. They cry at the drop of a handkerchief. Their culture is much like that of Pelosia. They're extremely devot and invincibly backward. It's been demonstrated to them over an over that serfdom is an archaic, inefficent institution, but they maintain it anyway--largely at the connivance of the serfs thmselves. Astellian nobles don't exert themselves in any way, so they have no concept of human endurance. The serfs take advantage of that outrageously. Astellian serfs have been known to collapse from sheer exhauston at the very mention of such unpleasant words as 'reaping' or 'digging'."

“They lost him?!” Lupin asked , amazed. “Voldemort has been after Harry for 15 years, and then he misplaces him?!”

Last edited by TwirlingString : 04-16-2002 at 06:42 PM.
Old 04-16-2002, 06:43 PM   #4
Tinythetroll
Hobbit

How come under my name to the ;eft it says sapling and all yours sound way better?
Tinythetroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2002, 06:45 PM   #5
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

It doesn't say that anymore. Your name depends on the number of posts. Speaking of which. Welcome to Entmoot. I'm a newbie too.

Old 04-16-2002, 06:47 PM   #6
Tinythetroll
Hobbit

ohhhh Heh im not used to this im used to Everquest
Old 04-16-2002, 06:49 PM   #7
Tinythetroll
Hobbit

Then how do you get it to say a message like your poem under your reply?
Old 04-16-2002, 06:52 PM   #8
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

Go to user cp then to go to edit profile. Hey we're talking about Madame L'engle!

Old 04-16-2002, 06:52 PM   #9
Tinythetroll
Hobbit

Guess you arent here anymore?
Old 04-16-2002, 06:53 PM   #10
Tinythetroll
Hobbit

Hehe thanks
Old 04-16-2002, 06:54 PM   #11
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

Whoa, you type fast Welcome to the ranks of spammers

Last edited by TwirlingString : 04-16-2002 at 06:55 PM.
Old 04-16-2002, 06:55 PM   #12
Tinythetroll
Hobbit

Well sorry im just use to everquest where you dont have to wait 90 seconds and everyone talks heh well thanks....cya
Old 04-16-2002, 06:56 PM   #13
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

Not complaining, I've been here for 2 days, look at MY posting average

Old 04-16-2002, 06:58 PM   #14
Tinythetroll
Hobbit

90 heh i just started today found this sight while trying to look up information for book report on the hobbit
Old 04-16-2002, 06:59 PM   #15
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

If your looking for info on the Hobbit check out THAT discussion room!

Old 04-16-2002, 07:00 PM   #16
Tinythetroll
Hobbit

ok well im outa here Cya and thanks
Old 04-16-2002, 07:04 PM   #17
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

Cya, wait a sec, have you acctually read her books?

Old 04-16-2002, 08:00 PM   #18
azalea
Long lost mooter

I've only read AWrinkle in Time (many years ago) and loved it, but I do own the other 3 that someone several posts ago said they had read, and do plan to read them at some point.
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2002, 08:03 PM   #19
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

That was both of us. It change when TinnyTroll popped in before putting up his own thread. they are megally mundo cool stories. You'll love Charles Wallace.

Old 04-22-2002, 08:20 PM   #20
Lady of Darkness
Elf Lord

I read her newest one (I don't remember the title ). It was good but it got me really annoyed at how Zachary could risk her life for his!!!!! He was really selfish!!! Meany!!!
I am Morwen, Lady of Darkness.

Her head was bowed,
from all the tears and pain,
but she would rise again
Lady of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote