Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Books
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2002, 11:03 PM   #1
Curufinwe
Enting

Sauruman's ring

So, if i had to venture i guess, i would guess that this topic has come across the board of such an inquisitive bunch before. But if not, what do we think of Sauruman's ring? Did Sauruman forge a "lesser" magic ring? (rather than a ring of power) Gandalf mentions the dangers of magic rings other than the great rings as being "perilous" for mortals to use. It is also mentioned in "of the rings of power" that the mirdain of Eregion tried their hand at rings or at least "works" prior to the forging of the rings of power, is it possible that Sauruman forged himself a ring similar to those mentioned above? If so, do we think its power was dominion of lesser wills? A "child's copy" of the ruling ring? Or maybe something else? Also does anyone suppose Sauruman would have revealed that ring to Sauron when the crystal phone rang? Discuss
Old 09-03-2002, 11:12 PM   #2
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

You're right. It has been done before. Not too long ago, as a matter of fact. Anyway, here's a link to the previous discussion.

http://www.tolkientrail.com/entmoot/...&threadid=4857

Psalm 107:31
Closed Thread