Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entmoot Archive
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-30-2001, 11:54 AM   #1
Ben
Retired Ent

We're all here

Yay.

Anduin is not an axe murderer. Tater is a potato. Bob is... well, Bob. Tristan is diabolical.

formerly known in the forums as bmilder

Owner of The Tolkien Trail and Entmoot.

Buy Entmoot shirts and mugs!
Old 12-30-2001, 02:20 PM   #2
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Bob is...well Bob? I guess since I haven't posted much - there wasn't anything about me being an ax murderer or any idea of who I was.

but I'm sorry Tristan is more than diabolical. Too bad Risk had to end early before I could see my revenge fullfilled and Tristan eliminated from the board. It was only a matter of time.

But thanks Ben, Mike, Elizabeth and Josh - for trying to help me against evil doer Tristan.

And ask Tristan (aka Hobbit) about the Arwen card.

Last edited by jerseydevil : 12-30-2001 at 04:28 PM.
Old 12-30-2001, 07:07 PM   #3
Darth Tater
The man

Gandalf

Well I just wrote about ten paragraphs about the Entmoot and then somehow deleted them, so, um, I guess I'll write them later
Old 12-30-2001, 11:05 PM   #4
Ñólendil
Elf Lord

Happy B-Day Ben!
Old 12-31-2001, 04:17 PM   #5
Darth Tater
The man

Gandalf

Ben's (bmilder) report on Entmoot 2001 is not unlike Ben himself: short. j/k He's actually grown a lot since the last time I saw him, and is now very close to average height.

My mother and I left for New Jersey Friday morning. On the way we stopped at a Burger King, and were overjoyed to find the LOTR toy displays sitting on the ground outside the dumpster. We, of course, put them in the back of the car. When we arrived at the hotel we crashed for a bit, then headed over to the Milder's for dinner.

Elizabeth (anduin)and Mike were apparently exhausted from their cross country trek, so they took the night off. Mom and I brought a lasagne for dinner, and Mrs. Milder made chicken parmigiane. Ben and Tristan (HOBBIT) had already decided they didn't like lasagne, but, while Ben just moved his food around, Tristan practically cleaned his plate. He stopped when he noticed he had been eating mushrooms, which he apparently thought he didn't like.

After dinner Ben gave us a concert on his marimba, which he plays beautifully. Tristan said he wasn't prepared to play for us, but that he would practice that evening and perform the next day. Afterwords the three of us headed upstairs. We procrastinated about updating the site, then I watched Darth Tater get blown to smitherines (I'll let Ben or Tristan explain that).

The next day we headed to the movie theater for the 12:30 showing of LOTR. It was the first film playing that day (talk about a small town establishment!) so we had to wait outside for a bit. I immediately recognized Elizabeth and Mike from their wedding photos, so we headed over to say hello. Elizabeth asked me if I was Ben. Go figure.

We were met inside the theater by Bob (jersey devil). The movie was incredible, of course, like you didn't all know that already. The sound system was a bit off, and one of the tracks (which is mostly music, but also has some of the nazgul screeching) seemed to be half missing and half played on the central speakers, where the main dialogue is supposed to be. However, the reels were all in order and nothing was missing so I didn't mind.

After the film we all headed over to a buffet restaraunt to get aquainted. It was there that I learned that Tristan eats almost nothing but taters!!!

After dinner we went back to the Milder's. They had purchased the LOTR board game, and seven of us spent about a half hour trying to figure out how to play. We finally gave up and watched Mrs. Milder's Jeopardy tape. She had one of the best banters with Alex Trebek I've ever seen. The bit about whacking beetles with a stick even had Alex laughing.

Afterwards we decided to play Risk. And that was when Tristan's true colors were revealed. You think he's just Ben's sweet little brother? Harmless, really? No way. Tristan is pure evil. He immediately began attacking poor, defenseless Bob, and nearly had him whiped out by the end of his first turn! However, Tristan spread himself too thin, like butter on too much bread, and was pretty easy to clobber after that. We never actually finished the game, but I'm convinced Bob would have won, since everyone but Tristan felt to bad to attack him.

Before we left Tristan said he hadn't had a chance to practice that night, and promised he play at breakfast the next day.

Elizabeth, Mike, mom and myself went to the Milder's the next morning for bagels. Tristan said he hadn't practiced, and there would be no concert this time around. I guess we know what the main event at Entmoot 2002 will be!

Afterwards we headed home, and had a rather uneventfull drive. I really enjoyed myself, and am looking forward to next year when I hope even more of you will be able to attend!

PS: I just have to add that Greg is a stinker.
Old 12-31-2001, 04:37 PM   #6
gdl96
the greg the admin

I really wish I could have been there. It seems like I missed out on a lot of fun. I will make sure I will be there next year. Can't wait till Entmoot 2002.
Old 01-01-2002, 06:38 PM   #7
CardenIAntauraNauco
Elven Warrior

Sounds fun. I take for granted that its a Entmoot BOARD get-together(gettogether? get together?) and not for all members.
Well..fine...im going to have my own party and..and Im going to have cake and cookies and ice cream...and were going to play football... and you guys cant come. Oh... uh where does it take place? Different place every year?
"We will have peace","Yes we will have peace...we will have peace when you and all your works have perished - and the works of your dark lord to whom you would deliver us. You are a liar,Saruman,and a corrupter of men's hearts. You hold out your hand to me and I percieve only a finger of the claw of Mordor. Cruel and cold! Even if your war on me was just - as it was not,for were you ten times as wise you would have no right to rule me and mine, for your own profit you desired-even so, what will you say of your Torches in westfold and the children that lie dead there? And they hewed Hama's body before the gates of Hornburg, after he was dead. When you hang from a gibbet at your window for the sport of your own crows, I will have peace with you and Orthanc. So much for the House of Eorl. A lesser son of greater Sires am I, but I do not need to lick your fingers. Turn elsewither for I fear your voice has lost it's charm.
Old 01-01-2002, 06:48 PM   #8
Renille
Elven Lady of Speed-posting

It was for all members...you could have gone. I didn't...New Jersey is too far from my state,Wisconsin ,for me to ask my parents to drive. Maybe I'll be really good, and beg them to take me *sigh* next year. Maybe they'll have it somewhere in the Midwest next year? Pleeaase?
(from Seussical the Musical. Listen to it...watch it...really.)

Last edited by Renille : 01-01-2002 at 06:50 PM.
Old 01-01-2002, 07:03 PM   #9
CardenIAntauraNauco
Elven Warrior

I might if Im still involved with Entmoot, which I plan to be . I'll be 16 and I'll have my drivers liscense. I guess I'll see.
"We will have peace","Yes we will have peace...we will have peace when you and all your works have perished - and the works of your dark lord to whom you would deliver us. You are a liar,Saruman,and a corrupter of men's hearts. You hold out your hand to me and I percieve only a finger of the claw of Mordor. Cruel and cold! Even if your war on me was just - as it was not,for were you ten times as wise you would have no right to rule me and mine, for your own profit you desired-even so, what will you say of your Torches in westfold and the children that lie dead there? And they hewed Hama's body before the gates of Hornburg, after he was dead. When you hang from a gibbet at your window for the sport of your own crows, I will have peace with you and Orthanc. So much for the House of Eorl. A lesser son of greater Sires am I, but I do not need to lick your fingers. Turn elsewither for I fear your voice has lost it's charm.
Old 01-01-2002, 11:04 PM   #10
fireworks19
Elven Warrior

I'd very much like to go. I've been talking to Ben and Tater for a few years. Anduin too. I'd like to meet you all.

Sounds like you all had fun.
Old 01-01-2002, 11:14 PM   #11
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

Hey, you've been talking to me for a few years too.....remember I used to be 'captain Tarpols'
I was even made an administrator at your short lived Harry Potter board "Hogwarts School Of Witchcraft and Wizardy"

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
Old 01-02-2002, 12:19 AM   #12
anduin
Entwife

Well I am finally back home after a long drive from Washington DC, which is where we spent New Year's Eve. I can not say that our trip from Jersey was that uneventful. Before we were even 10 miles from Ben's house we arrived on the scene of a major accident in which an elderly couple flipped their car. We had some spare blankets in the car with us and we covered them up with them. There wasn't even police or ambulance on the scene yet. It was rather scary to say the least and it made me nervous the rest of the way to DC.

We then went to Red Bank, NJ and visited Jay and Silent Bob's Secret Stash and then made the trek to The Quick Stop and the adjacent video store. If you are a Kevin Smith fan you know what I am talking about, if not, then you will probably care less.

Ben and Tristan's folks were very nice and so was Tater's mom. They were all very cool. I really had a great time once I got over my nervousness. It is a little nerve racking to meet people from the net face to face even though you may have talked to them for years. Risk was very fun even though I was not thrilled to play it at first since I had never played it before. And poor Bob! Tristan really had it in for him. I agree with Tater though (sorry Tristan) that Bob probably would have won in the end.

Can't wait until next year guys!!
Old 01-02-2002, 01:54 PM   #13
noldo
Elven Icon Maker

I'll be there next year too.

"Orange is the new pink, and men are the new women."
Old 01-02-2002, 05:05 PM   #14
Darth Tater
The man

I'm glad you made it back in one piece anduin

noldo, don't you even bother reading your Private Messages? Read them, and do what the new PM from me says.
Old 01-03-2002, 11:52 AM   #15
noldo
Elven Icon Maker

Just because your lifestyle and catholic upbringing don't agree on my avatar, doesn't mean it's against the rules of Entmoot.

"Orange is the new pink, and men are the new women."

Last edited by noldo : 01-03-2002 at 01:07 PM.
Old 01-03-2002, 04:47 PM   #16
emplynx
Self-Appointed Lord of the Free Peoples of the General Messages

A hahaha! I am finally an elven warrior. (wait, that has nothing to do with this board!)
Old 01-04-2002, 03:07 AM   #17
Gilthalion
Lord of the Southfarthing

Sounds like it was terrific fun! Wish I could have been there!
Old 01-04-2002, 12:15 PM   #18
Darth Tater
The man

Hey Gil, long time no see!
Old 01-04-2002, 12:37 PM   #19
Fat middle
Mootis per forum
Administrator

what Gilthalion said

... and what Tater said

... and happy bday Ben!! i've not been able to connect till toda
Old 01-04-2002, 01:11 PM   #20
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Hummmmm... Anduins not an axe murderer? odd, I coudl have sworne....... lol

j/k sorry, I really need to get a new hobby.