Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-18-2004, 07:39 PM   #1
Thain Peregrin Took I
Thain of Randomness

Embarrassing Moments Thread

I'm sure all of you have gotten embarrassed at least once in their lifetime (I know I have), so I made a thread so you can tell us your most embarrassing moments! Don't be shy; we won't laugh at you... much.

Once, in kindergarten, during gym class, in the large hall, I farted really loud, and it echoed. Everyone stared at me, while I just looked around trying to accuse other people for my fart.

I'll tell you more of my 'moments' when someone else posts their's.

Monk: I'm 100% sure that she probably killed him.
Stottlemeyer: What does that mean?
Monk: 95%...

I feel like Pepé Le Pew when he look up "pew" in the dictionary. *French accent* Le pew? Moi? Noo. -Shawn Spencer

*British accent* It's a bobble head Bobbie! *head bob* -Special Agen Seely Booth
Thain Peregrin Took I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 07:49 PM   #2
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Heh. I must be like a magnet for embarassing moments....

Let's see, there was the time the foreman from the construction crew across the road from my old apartment came over to notify me that his lads were getting an eyeful every morning when I went to brush my teeth (particularly in summer, I don't tend to wear anything to bed, so....) Apparently, I was distracting them....
Old 09-18-2004, 08:21 PM   #3
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

Well, today someone called and when I answered they said "Good morning," and I replied "Good, how are you?"
Old 09-18-2004, 08:24 PM   #4
Meriadoc Brandybuck
Magnificent Master of Buckland

My friend got chased by a squirrel about a year ago. And she's 13 now.

Is there anything I can do that wouldn't inconvenience me?.-Adrian Monk

Hogan: What's a definate factor that we can count on?
Newkirk: We don't know what we're doing.

Do you wanna split a pineapple? -Shawn Spencer
Meriadoc Brandybuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 08:28 PM   #5
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

A what?
I know I have a few more, but I can't think of any righ now. I'll psot them when I do, though .
Edit: Now I know. Once I said something in a restraunt which was meant to be normal pitched and I ended up yelling it. I think it was "cake," but I'm not sure. I think some people turned, but not very many at least.
And one more. I jsut forgot how to spell many for a few minutes.

Last edited by trolls' bane : 09-18-2004 at 08:31 PM.
trolls' bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 09:14 PM   #6
Elanor's Angel
Elf Lord

Location: Hiding under my bed reading LOTR at 1:43am, Middle earth (Seattle WA)
I have one.

I have a bad one: Ok, so last year my class and I went to camp, and a friend and I had to go to the bathroom durring our river study, so we walked back up the trail and branched off it. We went around a bunch of trees and bushes and found a good spot, and just as we squatted down we sall the head of our male teacher thro the other bushes. Then he sall us and was like, "Girls! What are you doing back thare?" (I wanted to climb under a rock and die.)so I was all, "We're, uh...studying this moss."(wich was in our hands). And then my friend (who shall remain nameless) said "we're peeing!"
As I leaned over to tell her to shut the BEEP up we heard out teacher say, "Dang, girls take forever to go to the bathroom!"
When we returned to the class I could'nt look at the teacher for, like, the rest of the day.

And that's my story! (I have a lot more bad ones too.)

Vote Trolls' Bane/Elanor's Angel 2008!!!
Elanor's Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 09:41 PM   #7
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
Quote:
Originally Posted by trolls' bane
Edit: Now I know. Once I said something in a restraunt which was meant to be normal pitched and I ended up yelling it. I think it was "cake," but I'm not sure. I think some people turned, but not very many at least.
Maybe they thought you were an Eddie Izzard fan.

Um...this wasn't really embarassing for me, but it was. One of my good guy friends (the one in the air force) made a major Freudian slip that ended up being very awkward for both of us. Something about me being cute, but I think he meant to say I was loud.
Old 09-20-2004, 08:20 AM   #8
The Gaffer
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by trolls' bane
A what?
I know I have a few more, but I can't think of any righ now. I'll psot them when I do, though .
And one more. I jsut forgot how to spell many for a few minutes.
I've got one like that. I was invigilating an exam and it was the time where I had to say "You've got 15 minutes left". I hadn't spoken for about 2 hours and got the volume totally wrong, shouting it at the top of my voice. The poor girl right in front of me screamed and dropped her pen and everybody pissed themselves laughing.
The Gaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 11:53 AM   #9
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

Quote:
Originally posted by BoP
Heh. I must be like a magnet for embarassing moments....
Yeah. Me too. I reckon I could fill this thread, but most of them happen on nights out

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK
Elfmaster XK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 12:29 PM   #10
elendili
Elven Warrior

hmm..... sounds intriging

My worst going out embarassment was drinking 21 shots and 7 beers...... then throwing up in a pint glass

yep that was vaguely embarassing the next day !!!

"Courage my soul, now learn to wield
The weight of thine immortal shield
Place on thy head thy helmet bright
Ballance thy sword against the fight
See where an army strong as fair
With silken banners spreads the air
Now if thy bee'st that thing divine
In this days combat let it shine:
And shew that nature wants an art
To conqeur one resolved heart"
Andrew Marvell
elendili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 12:53 PM   #11
brownjenkins
Advocatus Diaboli

i went to lunch today at d'angelo's... a sub shop franchise... their big thing these days is lobster rolls and all the people behind the counter, mostly teenage kids and this one older guy, had to wear these 'lobster hats'... it wasn't just a baseball cap with a patch, or with two stuffed claws on it like you see sometimes... it was an entire stuffed fabric lobster somehow fashioned in a way to stay on your head with claws and feelers that hung down over everyone's face... it was the silliest thing i've ever seen and i had a really hard time keeping a straight face when i was placing my order

needless to say, none of them were smiling much
Old 09-28-2004, 06:42 PM   #12
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfmaster XK
Yeah. Me too. I reckon I could fill this thread, but most of them happen on nights out
LOL, I see I have trained you well, my young padawan.
Old 09-28-2004, 08:55 PM   #13
Elanor's Angel
Elf Lord

Location: Hiding under my bed reading LOTR at 1:43am, Middle earth (Seattle WA)
o.O

lol! Today science was moved to another building (just for the day) and I had never been to even that building, so I was late to class and said panting "Sorry I'm late, I went to the other calss before realizing sci. was moved and then I got lost!" the hole class burs out laughing. it took me a minute to figure out how totally dumb that sounded. ( I really got lost too, I had to ask for directions and evrything.)

Vote Trolls' Bane/Elanor's Angel 2008!!!
Elanor's Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 02:43 PM   #14
EarthBound
Lady Tipple & Queen of Blessed Thistle

Cow drool

So there I was, representive for the Federal Government, clipboard in hand, hair styled smartly, standing in a dairy barn discussing import matters with the farmer/dairyman when suddenly in the middle of what I thought was a brillant and well spoken speach I feel a huge wet tongue (think dinasour size) lift and slurp up my neck then I felt my long beautiful strawberry blonde hair get slurped into the huge mouth of a dairy cow!!!!! All composure lost (later I thought it was funny) the farmer didn't even change expressions or smile, he simply noted, "Yes, these cows of mine are lickers, won't bite you, but will lick you slick." Cow licking, I've discovered the next sport for the extremely bored and deranged. This just happened this summer!

Happy to be here

The HACBR has been alerted to my postings…..Hobbits Against Constant Beer References

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Ben Franklin

I want my Mooter T-Shirt!

Last edited by EarthBound : 09-29-2004 at 02:44 PM.
EarthBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 11:03 AM   #15
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

look, nothing is truly embarrassing, because by the next day, someone else will do something, and everyone will have forgotten you, it is the natural order of things.
Last Child of Ungoliant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 11:09 AM   #16
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

but seeing as i have nothing better to do, i will post one anyway

it was the summer of 2002, shortly before my family where due to move out of the city and county i lived in, and so at the end of school me and my band where due to headline the concert, and so, last one on, we get up to rapturous applause, and where about to perform our traditional opening number, which is a cover of Dominion/Mother Russia by The Sisters of Mercy, a song I had performed countless times, to crowds of 50-200 people, the intro plays out, i move closer to the mic, i open my mouth to sing, and i stare blankly into the crowd, i had forgotten the song!! luckily my mates knew what to do, and carried on the intro for a full five more minutes, before i give the nod and start singing, to compensate, we extended all the instrumental solos and the ending, making a 10 minute piece (we already had it extended beyond the original) into 25 minutes of techno-goth brilliance, and no-one noticed but us.
Old 06-13-2005, 01:33 PM   #17
EarthBound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Child of Ungoliant
but seeing as i have nothing better to do, i will post one anyway

it was the summer of 2002, shortly before my family where due to move out of the city and county i lived in, and so at the end of school me and my band where due to headline the concert, and so, last one on, we get up to rapturous applause, and where about to perform our traditional opening number, which is a cover of Dominion/Mother Russia by The Sisters of Mercy, a song I had performed countless times, to crowds of 50-200 people, the intro plays out, i move closer to the mic, i open my mouth to sing, and i stare blankly into the crowd, i had forgotten the song!! luckily my mates knew what to do, and carried on the intro for a full five more minutes, before i give the nod and start singing, to compensate, we extended all the instrumental solos and the ending, making a 10 minute piece (we already had it extended beyond the original) into 25 minutes of techno-goth brilliance, and no-one noticed but us.
Oh, don't get me started on "on the road" band miss-haps & adventures...I traveled for four (4) years with bands (lead guitar) professionaly. Yikes.

Excellent turn around, must have been a 'tight' band to compensate for adjustment. Good job!

Happy to be here

The HACBR has been alerted to my postings…..Hobbits Against Constant Beer References

Old 06-13-2005, 04:50 PM   #18
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

yeh, we were always quite 'in tune', if you'll forgive the pun, one time i recall, my lead guitarist broke two strings in one song, so i grabbed my guitar, and i am rubbish at playing, and managed to carry on his piece whilst he grabbed a spare, luckily it was not a hard bit, and it was between choruses, so i didnt have to concentrate on singing, thank god
Old 06-28-2005, 02:32 PM   #19
EarthBound

Changed my email address here at the Moot then didn't check my mail to confirm the address change (didn't notice I had too but should have known! ) sooooooooo.....I was suddenly locked out of posting at the moot! I thought I had been silently BANNED It was horrible.....then yesterday I checked my mail and noticed the 'confirmation notice' from the moot I needed to reply to.....and my world came back into focus......and I saw I was a completely pathetic idiot! As mentioned elsewhere...I don't know how the moot puts up with me, I'm completely mental...

Happy to be here

Old 03-22-2006, 12:59 PM   #20
Tamuril Sirfalas
Elven Warrior

alright...so i was hanging out with my friends at school and my friend arthur and another girl come by and they look identical...its creepy. blonde hair and blue eyes....so i asked the girl if they were cousins! she said no...were going out...embarrassing

Nin o Chithaeglir, lasto beth daer:
Rimmo nin Bruinen dan in Ulaer!

REST IN PEACE GRANDMA, GREAT AUNT, GREAT UNCLE .....they're gunna fly with the angels now so say goodbye..but i can't. You don't really realize the importance of someone until they are gone
Tamuril Sirfalas is offline   Reply With Quote