Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Harry Potter
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-05-2005, 08:21 PM   #1
Eowyn, Lady of Rohan
The Evil One

The initials R.A.B. [may contain spoilers]

So you know those initials at the end of the book in the locket that was supposed to be a horcrux? well i think that it was Sirius';s brother - Regulus A. Black. I think that the real horcrux is still at number 12 grimauld place which would mean that harry owns it.
Eowyn, Lady of Rohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 12:56 AM   #2
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

There are so many "if"s when it comes to trying to predict things (but that's half the fun of it ). If R.A.B. is Regulus Black, Harry would own it, if the Horcrux and the locket at Grimmauld Place are the same and if Mundungus hasn't gotten his hands on it and sold it.

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 12:51 PM   #3
JTB
Enting

It has to be Regulas Black! That's Sirius' brother, a DEATH EATER! Hermione says that R.A.B had to have known Voldemort to call him the Dark lord! I know it's him! Also, it says that Regulas is dead, right? So it also says that "I will be dead by the time you read this" or something like that. I just know it's him!
Old 08-07-2005, 07:40 PM   #4
durinsbane2244
Dreamweaver

yes, it most likely is him
And we are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers,
And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers,
On whom the pale moon gleams:
Yet we are the movers and shakers
Of the world for ever, it seems.
----------------
Shanti, shanti, shantih...
durinsbane2244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 04:20 AM   #5
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

I agree with you guys. I guess Regulus wasn't the snivelling coward (IIRC) Sirius figured him for eh?

I'm sure Mundungus has done something with it. Otherwise the scene with him and Harry in Hogsmeade would just be a red herring. (Possible I guess.)
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 05:43 PM   #6
Elanor
Hobbit in the Music

I agree that Mundungus stole it. That Hogsmeade scene wasn't for nothing! And it strengthens the evidence for RAB being Regulus. Yeah, I think Sirius underestimated his little brother. Slughorn mentions Regulus and implies that he was just as talented as Sirius. I even think Reg was in the Slug Club. And I think that Aberforth Dumbledore might have the locket now.... he was standing close to Mundungus when Harry saw them in Hogsmeade. While we know the identity of Aberforth (the barman in the Hog's Head), Harry does not, and I believe this will be part of book 7's plot.

So how did Regulus find out about and steal the locket? All we know is from his note, and what Remus says when they hear about Igor Karkaroff's death: that Regulus only managed to stay alive a few days after he abandoned the Death Eaters.

Segovia Mazes
Elanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 04:58 AM   #7
Fat middle
Mootis per forum
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elanor
I agree that Mundungus stole it. That Hogsmeade scene wasn't for nothing! And it strengthens the evidence for RAB being Regulus. Yeah, I think Sirius underestimated his little brother. Slughorn mentions Regulus and implies that he was just as talented as Sirius. I even think Reg was in the Slug Club. And I think that Aberforth Dumbledore might have the locket now.... he was standing close to Mundungus when Harry saw them in Hogsmeade. While we know the identity of Aberforth (the barman in the Hog's Head), Harry does not, and I believe this will be part of book 7's plot.
Yeah. That makes sense. I hadn't thought that Alberforth could be the current owner of the locket...

If that theory is true, I wonder how JKR will explain the story od DD's brother. One thing is to leave clues so some people can guess it (as she has done) and one other to explain the odd fact that the brother of the greatest wizard of the age is a bar-keeper that probably cannot read...
Old 08-12-2005, 10:37 PM   #8
tomstheman
Enting

who holds the locket

If you reread the fifth book you find out that in Grimauld Place there was a heavy silver locket that no one could open. Would it not then make sense that Regulas might have brought the locket back to Grimauld place.
Why is the latin word for fear of long words Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia? Yes it is i checked online.

Remember Remember the fifth of November
tomstheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 09:27 PM   #9
durinsbane2244
Dreamweaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khamûl
There are so many "if"s when it comes to trying to predict things (but that's half the fun of it ). If R.A.B. is Regulus Black, Harry would own it, if the Horcrux and the locket at Grimmauld Place are the same and if Mundungus hasn't gotten his hands on it and sold it.
and all of those if's we know will happen in the world of fiction, because reg is the only one we have heard of and makes sense, that would mean harry should be able to get it easily, but than the classic cliche of him getting there too late to get it after mundungis robs im!
----------------
Old 01-10-2006, 09:23 PM   #10
E, LoR
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elanor

So how did Regulus find out about and steal the locket? All we know is from his note, and what Remus says when they hear about Igor Karkaroff's death: that Regulus only managed to stay alive a few days after he abandoned the Death Eaters.
That makes sense, that mundungus stole it. Another theory I have about that is that Kreacher managed to snatch it from being thrown out and it's in kreachers den.

Special

Let's pant the world in magic in 90 seconds!

THATS RIGHT FOLK! E, LoR's BACK!
E, LoR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 09:31 PM   #11
durinsbane2244
Dreamweaver

that's a good point...kreacher might have a key point...WAKE UP! [inside joke, that]
----------------
Old 01-11-2006, 05:29 PM   #12
King of The Istari
Elven Warrior

Location: Some where quite interesting with psychedelic trees
I think it has to be Regulus, I don't think Rowling thought people would guess it was regulus so soon otherwise the clues would have been harder to make it more of a suprise unless its all a red herring

The evidence that points to Regulus being RAB:
1. RAB had to be a death eater because he called Voldy the dark lord, we know regulus was a death eater
2. we know regulus broke away from the death eaters... why?
RAB must have broken away from the death eaters and knew his days were numbered
3. Regulus was murdered by the death eaters
RAB predicts he doesn't have long to live

4. a silver locket noone could open is a Grimuld place
could this be the Horcrux?

what colour is the Horcrux locket? does anybody know?

in OOTP Sirius figures that Regulus was murdered on voldemort's orders and wasn't important enough to be killed by Moldy Voldy himself,
If RAB was Regulus Black Wouldn't it be a better end for him to be murdered by voldemort's hand
than killed by some death eater stooge, it would give a better end to someone who has stood up to the dark lord and tried to do good

And what happened to the rest of your party, killed, eaten, gone home?
Beorn, The Hobbit

Dark and difficult Times lie ahead Harry, soon we must all face a choice, a choice between what is right and what is easy!
Dumbledore

Neo Are you listening to Me? Or are you too busy looking at the Woman in the Red Dress?
Morpheus, The Matrix
King of The Istari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 08:47 PM   #13
durinsbane2244
Dreamweaver

no, because Voldy didn't know that regulas, if he was RAB, did it, because the locket and message hadn't been found yet...
----------------
Old 01-12-2006, 08:36 AM   #14
King of The Istari
Elven Warrior

had voldy read the note? or was harry the first to know about the switch?

Beorn, The Hobbit

Dark and difficult Times lie ahead Harry, soon we must all face a choice, a choice between what is right and what is easy!
Dumbledore

Neo Are you listening to Me? Or are you too busy looking at the Woman in the Red Dress?
Morpheus, The Matrix
Old 01-12-2006, 02:55 PM   #15
Elanor
Hobbit in the Music

I think Reg had already decided to leave the Death Eaters, like Sirius told Harry in OotP, and was on the run. He knew he would be killed anyway, so he decided to take a Horcrux with him. I'm sure that Voldy never knew this, or he would have searched high and low for the locket. Certainly the false one wouldn't still be there. The big question for me is how Regulus knew about the Horcrux, and how he managed to get past all the protections. Did he drink the potion, somehow get away, and the potion replenished itself (or he made a new batch)? Did he know some trick to get past the potion without drinking it? Or did he swap the lockets before the potion was added? I'm guessing either the first or last option, and that he was somehow involved with helping Voldy set up the cave, around the same time that he changed loyalties (also about the same time Harry was born). Since Voldy was semi-defeated by Harry soon afterwards, he never returned to the cave to check on his Horcrux. Or perhaps he did, but just verified that the potion was still there.

Segovia Mazes
Elanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 07:11 PM   #16
MangoPi
Enting

Like any good mystery story, if there is no clear, physical evidence that some one is dead then we should hold the suspicion that they may yet show up in the last chapter, holding the most important piece of the puzzle in their hot little hand...

Narlyë nat vanya!
MangoPi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 08:51 PM   #17
durinsbane2244
Dreamweaver

clever...clever...
----------------
Old 01-13-2006, 11:57 AM   #18
King of The Istari
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MangoPi
Like any good mystery story, if there is no clear, physical evidence that some one is dead then we should hold the suspicion that they may yet show up in the last chapter, holding the most important piece of the puzzle in their hot little hand...
you could say that about A LOT of the characters

Regulus Black - you never know

Sirius - We're never told what spell hits him or what happens after entering the veil

Dumbledore - Avada Kedavra didn't match any previous description of what that spell does, all the other descriptions says the one hit crumples dead, but dumbledore flew off the balcony

Beorn, The Hobbit

Dumbledore

Morpheus, The Matrix
Old 01-13-2006, 12:48 PM   #19
MangoPi
Enting

Quote:
Originally Posted by durinsbane2244
clever...clever...

Narlyë nat vanya!
MangoPi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 08:31 AM   #20
sparrowhawkgirl