Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-05-2008, 12:33 PM   #1
frodomerryandaragornrock

Go Red Sox!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EVERYONE WHO LIKES THE BOSTON RED SOX, POST HERE!!!!!!!! everyon who does NOT like them, u can post something too!
frodomerryandaragornrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 12:36 PM   #2
Varnafindë
Princess of the Noldor (and Administrative Empress of the Lone Islands)

[innocent]What are they?[/innocent]

Signature picture art - Bard the Bowman - by vigshane
Avatar art - Footsteps of Spring (a young Luthien) - by Henning Janssen
Varnafindë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 06:40 AM   #3
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

dont get ahead of yourself now... even if they sweep LA (and last I heard it was 4-4 in game three) youll have to win two more series after that. And the New England sports teams have had enough good fortune the past five years or so thank you... Wasnt Tom Brady getting knocked out for the season enough to show you that? the gods of sports have decided the New England area has had way too much good fortune recently. The Red Sox need to go on a 50 year dry spell again. I enjoyed Boston fans a lot more when they expected to lose all the time. Now you have them acting like spoiled rotten kids booing the Patriots because they have the audacity to actually LOSE a regular season game! You guys need a reality check. They should have given them a standing ovation for all they had done in the recent past. Not boo them...

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 06:23 PM   #4
frodomerryandaragornrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insidious Rex View Post
dont get ahead of yourself now... even if they sweep LA (and last I heard it was 4-4 in game three) youll have to win two more series after that. And the New England sports teams have had enough good fortune the past five years or so thank you... Wasnt Tom Brady getting knocked out for the season enough to show you that? the gods of sports have decided the New England area has had way too much good fortune recently. The Red Sox need to go on a 50 year dry spell again. I enjoyed Boston fans a lot more when they expected to lose all the time. Now you have them acting like spoiled rotten kids booing the Patriots because they have the audacity to actually LOSE a regular season game! You guys need a reality check. They should have given them a standing ovation for all they had done in the recent past. Not boo them...

ok, alright, if i must very funny. anyway, what baseball team fan are u? who do u root 4? by the way, i DIDNT like what Bill did last year, and i still think that tom faked his injury. not this year though. that REALLy looked painful. after *^ YEARS, mind you, i think we can "gloat" if thats what u want to call it. my grandfather DIED waiting to see then wait again. i was 9, 10 years old when they won in 2004, now im just hooked...so if my rooting is bothering you, than im sry...it just becomes from being a Sox fan and seeing them win after 86 years and seeing then be the first tean in the 21st century to win 2 WS's , thats all. unlike the Yanks, (curse them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!madevile vil:)
who havent won any so far!!!!!
Old 10-07-2008, 06:25 PM   #5
frodomerryandaragornrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varnafindë View Post
[innocent]What are they?[/innocent]
a baseball team in the US
Old 10-08-2008, 02:47 AM   #6
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodomerryandaragornrock View Post
ok, alright, if i must very funny. anyway, what baseball team fan are u? who do u root 4? by the way, i DIDNT like what Bill did last year, and i still think that tom faked his injury. not this year though. that REALLy looked painful. after *^ YEARS, mind you, i think we can "gloat" if thats what u want to call it. my grandfather DIED waiting to see then wait again. i was 9, 10 years old when they won in 2004, now im just hooked...so if my rooting is bothering you, than im sry...it just becomes from being a Sox fan and seeing them win after 86 years and seeing then be the first tean in the 21st century to win 2 WS's , thats all. unlike the Yanks, (curse them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!madevile vil:)
who havent won any so far!!!!!
See now your grandfather was cool. He was one of the old pessimistic Red Sox fans who spent their lives hoping for the best but always watching them come up short. I bet he was a real worrier when they would go ahead in a game because he figured they would find a way to give up the lead and lose in the end. Thats how Red Sox fans should be! Not this new generation that expects them to win every year like awful Yankee fans...

Im an Orioles fan (and now a Nationals fan since they moved to DC) so I know what its like to cheer for a loser. 2004 you say? Well I remember when the Orioles won it all in 1983 when I was a kid. And Ive grown old waiting for them to do it again but with an owner like Peter Angelos it wont happen... And guess who has been doing all the winning in the division since then... yes the Red Sox and the dreaded Yankees...

So a few years of heart break may do you some good Trust me. It makes you a better fan. Im kinda hoping they beat the Rays (which will be hard) and play against the Dodgers in the World Series just so Manny Ramirez can go back to Boston as a Dodger and face his old team...

Old 10-18-2008, 11:40 AM   #7
Rosie Gamgee
The Lovely Hobbit-Lass

Yay Red Sox! I live in Yankee territory and am constantly berated whenever sports come up for being what amounts to a casual Boston fan.

Go Red Sox!
How can I take this losing hand and somehow win?

Just give me One Good Year To get my feet back on the ground.
I've been chasing grace; Grace ain't so easily found
One bad hand can devil a man, chase him and carry him down.
I've got to get out of here, just give me One Good Year!
Rosie Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 01:41 PM   #8
frodomerryandaragornrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insidious Rex View Post
See now your grandfather was cool. He was one of the old pessimistic Red Sox fans who spent their lives hoping for the best but always watching them come up short. I bet he was a real worrier when they would go ahead in a game because he figured they would find a way to give up the lead and lose in the end. Thats how Red Sox fans should be! Not this new generation that expects them to win every year like awful Yankee fans...

Im an Orioles fan (and now a Nationals fan since they moved to DC) so I know what its like to cheer for a loser. 2004 you say? Well I remember when the Orioles won it all in 1983 when I was a kid. And Ive grown old waiting for them to do it again but with an owner like Peter Angelos it wont happen... And guess who has been doing all the winning in the division since then... yes the Red Sox and the dreaded Yankees...

So a few years of heart break may do you some good Trust me. It makes you a better fan. Im kinda hoping they beat the Rays (which will be hard) and play against the Dodgers in the World Series just so Manny Ramirez can go back to Boston as a Dodger and face his old team...

yeah, belive me, i'll ALWAYS remeber my grandfather and be REALLY grateful that they've won and I wont have to worry about dying and never seeing w Sox WS win!! i mena, i've seen 2!!!! and not even 10 years apart!! its AWESOME!!!

I have a couple friends that are Orioles fans, so I know what you mean about knowing what it's like to experience heartbreak!!

its nice talking to people and honoring their opinions!! adn it was nice talking to you!!
Old 10-18-2008, 01:47 PM   #9
frodomerryandaragornrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie Gamgee View Post
Yay Red Sox! I live in Yankee territory and am constantly berated whenever sports come up for being what amounts to a casual Boston fan.

Go Red Sox!
WOOO!! you are a rare treasure amidst the junk!! really, im just jk, but it's nice to know there are [I]some[I] Sox fans there in Yankee territory!! i'm planning to go to Yankee stadium when Im older and im a cop (seeing thats what i want to be, in addition to being a FBI agent) and i have the 'proper' training to defend myself if the need arises, seeing ill be wearing all my Sox gear constantly, no matter what!! jk again, well, about everything but the gear!! ill proudly display my teams' color!!
Old 10-20-2008, 01:10 PM   #10
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Well my condolences It was a good run though but the Rays are just too young and talented and the Sox don’t have quite the talent they’ve had in past years (plus some injury issues). What a great game five though. I hope you watched the whole thing and went into an epileptic fit when they came back late. Im pissed I turned it off when it was 5-0 thinking it was well in the bag…

The future still looks good though. Good young pitching and of course tons of money are always a good thing…

Old 10-26-2008, 04:29 PM   #11
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Well, the Red Sox's huge comeback (second biggest ever) in the qualifying tournament was pretty cool.

And look on the bright side you guys, at least you don't cheer for the Chicago Cubs.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote