Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2004, 06:27 AM   #1
Anonymous
Banned

Ruinel has left the building

Ok... seems people didn't get my last message about the ban, or they just didn't understand it. So, I'm going to repeat it here so that everyone understands.

Sister Golden Hair has banned me for life.
That would be a permanent ban. I can no longer post at this board, nor can I receive your PMs or contact any of you here unless I create a new account or use Annonymous, which I'm not willing to do except for this post.

You can not receive me with open arms when I return, because I am not allowed to return. You can not wait out my punishment, because there is no end to said punishment. Do not try to contact me through PM, because I can not read your messages any longer.

At this time, I am politely requesting an admin to change my title to "banned for life" or "permanently banned" so that it is made more clear to the members that I am not allowed to return. I asked SGH to post an announcement or make my ban more clear, but she refuses to do that. I, personally, can't remember a member being banned for life during my time at the 'Moot, so I can understand the confusion that people have over this issue.

Creating the Buster account was not meant to defy SGH, nor disrespect the staff of Entmoot. I was posting on the day that my ban was supposed to be lifted (per SGH's e-mail). (I'd say more, but my chances of keeping this thread from being deleted might be better if I don't.)

This was my only alternative to making people understand my permanent ban. I'm sure SGH will be fuming about me violating the permanent ban and claim, again, that I am posting to defy her ban. This is not the case at all, but I hope that she will understand that I needed to clarify the situation. There are no ill intentions in this post. I do not intent to circumvent her authority or anything else she's going to e-mail me in caps.

It has been nice posting with the vast majority of you. I hope to see you all on another message board. I hope you all receive better treatment here than me.

Sincerely yours,
Ruinel
the Elf with no self-control
Old 05-25-2004, 06:47 AM   #2
The Gaffer
Elf Lord

Sorry to see you go, Ru. The board will be duller without you. Hope you have grand trip to Europe and Buster ashn't forgotten you when you get back.

Why did you get banned anyway? I can't see any evidence of why in other threads. It seems a bit heavy handed to me. Wot no rehabilitation? It would be good to know what you did that was so bad that others can avoid it in future
Old 05-25-2004, 06:48 AM   #3
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

Take care Ruinel. I for one thought it was nice posting with you too and I'll miss your posts. Hope you'll lurk around.
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Old 05-25-2004, 07:25 AM   #4
Linaewen
Fair Dinkum

Ruinel, I'll miss ya posts lots, my initial Corrupter.

Since she can't post, I'll clear up any confusion as to why she's gone:

The Nazi Germany comment in this thread is what she says she got banned for the first time.

This is her side of it:
Quote:
Then I logged on after the weekend to find that I had a PM, but received an additional message that kept me from logging onto the 'Moot. I browsed GM and found that SGH posted she would be sending me a PM, so I assumed the PM was from her.I created the Buster account to contact SGH in PM to tell her I didn't receive her message, but I was also checking my e-mails at the same time and discovered that she had sent me an e-mail. In the e-mail she said I was banned for the weekend.

I responded to her email and, since I had just created the Buster account, I posted twice. Another e-mail saying she'd lift the ban at her leisure sometime that day, and I had already posted. She found out that I was posting under my dog's name and banned me till Wednesday. Quite unfair, IMO. I made another account in order to contact a few people and start new... but she decided to ban me for life for that. I asked her to tell people what she did, but she refused. She continues to pretend that her ban is only for a few days... but I have the e-mail where she banned me permanently from the 'Moot. I assume that she got with the other admins and Ben and discussed it, since a permanent ban of a member is so serious. None of them contacted me to discuss it... and really, they don't have to. I'm just a member here and the decision was for me to be permanently banned.
Old 05-25-2004, 07:33 AM   #5
Artanis
Greatest Elven woman of Aman

Ruinel, I'll miss you so badly! I really hope you'll be able to come back after a while. If any at all should be banned for life here, I disagree that it should be you. I hope it is allowed to say so much.
Old 05-25-2004, 07:40 AM   #6
Millane
The Dude

FIGHT THE POWER, RUINEL i suggest living as Anonymous, see if they dare ban It ... like most people who seem to leave, i havent actually spoken to them at all, but i have read enough of Ruinels posts for me to safely say she had some worthwhile things to say, and well if she got banned for her views, well good on her, so did Jesus... Nicely done anyway, Banned for Life, thats a fair achievment... could i ask someone who knows why she got banned for what seemingly (i only read what Lin posted) was a pretty small thing
if i was to ever leave, i would hope a Revolution be sparked immediately and i would be treated with reverence and so on.
As my parting message ill just say, dont worry Ruinel they all crawled back to Jesus in the end
Old 05-25-2004, 08:05 AM   #7
Linaewen
Fair Dinkum

Silly Rui didn't realise how much she would be missed. She wants you all to know that she's still lurking ..."reading their nice posts.." and also that she's really touched "that they have nice things to say... I wasn't really sad about leaving the 'Moot before, but now that I see the people that will miss me..."
Old 05-25-2004, 08:20 AM   #8
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Lin - ask her to email me please - if she wants to keep her e-address private, she can set up a hotmail account for the purpose.

Thanks

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Old 05-25-2004, 09:24 AM   #9
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

Ruinel, that's very saddening. You'll be missed. I didn't think you'd ever leave... Are you sure it's for life? It doesn't sound like SGH... to ban lsomeone for life because of this small thing you did. Hope you'll come back somehow, sometime in the future...
Old 05-25-2004, 09:43 AM   #10
Falagar
Death of Mooters and [Entmoot] Internal Affairs

Ruinel, you were one of the first person I got to know when I first started to get active here. Really sad to see you go. You'll be missed, I can promise you that...

Well, good luck. Hope you'll be back, some day.

Last edited by Falagar : 05-25-2004 at 10:37 AM.
Old 05-25-2004, 10:31 AM   #11
GrayMouser
Elf Lord

Well, if someone like Ruinel can get banned for life, all I can say is I must be in the wrong kind of place.

So long, folks, it's been good to knowya.

Colour me gone.

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us, cats look down on us, but pigs treat us as equals."- Winston Churchill
Old 05-25-2004, 11:03 AM   #12
The Gaffer
Elf Lord

Well, I'm sorry you're going GM because your contributions are always good.

Are we going to get an explanation of this banning?
Old 05-25-2004, 11:09 AM   #13
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by The Gaffer

GM... I too would regret it and hope that you'll reconsider.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Old 05-25-2004, 11:25 AM   #14
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

I'm sorry to see your going Ruinel. You'll be missed. I know I never spoke to you much - maybe a few times in the Teacup - but I enjoyed it.

I hope that you'll return to us some day.
"It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Old 05-25-2004, 11:32 AM   #15
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:

I thought I did explain this ban several time. You people just don't have any idea about what all happened. Her permanent ban was not due to any small flame. I am going to tell you in detail since Ruinel seems to want to continue to bring this into open forum.

She had a weekend ban for a variety of infractions: flaming, going off topic, critising mod decisions in open forum, and ignoring issued warnings. The ban went into effect Friday, and would have been lifted on Monday. On Monday, Ruinel came to Entmoot under a new account called "buster." Contrary to what her reasoning behind creating the new account was, she never PMd me as she said that's what it was for. She then was posting in the "soldier abuse" thread. So, at what point was she planning to send this PM? After I banned the "buster account, I began receiving very abrupt emails from her. She then proceeded to create yet another account under the name of "Tree Hugger." She revealed her identity in PM to another member who promptly relayed the information to me. At that time, I removed the "Tree Hugger" account. She then began posting on the Ano account, which is what she is doing now. Now, you tell me that that is not a blatant defiance of moderating authority. After I banned the "buster account" I extended her ban for 48 more hours. Didn't realize it would push her over the edge. Then she created the "Tree Hugger account" and that is when she was issued the permanent ban, which throughout all the cursing in the emails, she continued to push my hand in that direction, leaving me no other alternative. Where do you suggest I draw the line, EVER? And so here we are.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 05-25-2004, 11:37 AM   #16
Radagast
Elven Warrior

Good grief.
And bid the sickness cease;
And when your goal is nearest
(The end for others sought)
Watch sloth and heathen folly
Bring all your hope to nought.
Old 05-25-2004, 11:47 AM   #17
The Gaffer
Elf Lord

Thanks for taking the time to explain your side of events.

At the end of the day, it's up to you how you deal with it.

However, I'm surprised that you think this merits a life ban.

I've seen her posts, and I can see now that some of them may have referred to events "off-screen" as it were. Perhaps these things took on a different when seen from your point of view, in the light of your email exchange. However, no-one else got it so that's why we're baffled.

It sounds to me like she's been punished for stuff that happened off this board.
Old 05-25-2004, 11:55 AM   #18
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Thanks for taking the time to explain your side of events.

At the end of the day, it's up to you how you deal with it.

However, I'm surprised that you think this merits a life ban.

I've seen her posts, and I can see now that some of them may have referred to events "off-screen" as it were. Perhaps these things took on a different when seen from your point of view, in the light of your email exchange. However, no-one else got it so that's why we're baffled.

It sounds to me like she's been punished for stuff that happened off this board.
Creating multiple accounts to get around the initial ban is hardly off the board. She wasn't even permanently banned after the "buster" account. It wasn't until the "Tree Hugger" account that I made that decision, and even after that, it continued in the Ano account as you can see. Just what do you people think warrents a life ban? How far does one have to overlook outright defiance before severe punishment is issued?

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 05-25-2004, 12:11 PM   #19
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Btw, FYI, Fenir Lac_Danan was banned almost at the same time and for similar violations as Ruinel. I also discussed his ban with him in email. He quite graciously accepted his punishment and his ban has now expired. Too bad Ruinel's ban couldn't have gone as smoothly. If it had, we would not be having this discussion right now.

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 05-25-2004, 12:18 PM   #20
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Hey Ru, email me sometime!