Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-31-2006, 11:22 PM   #1
Thain Peregrin Took I
Thain of Randomness

Psych

So what does everyone think of Psych, the show about Shawn Spencer, a man who is able to solve crimes just by watching the daily news. In fact, the police think he's too good, so in an attempt to make them believe him, Shawn tells them that he's a psychic. Together with his friend Burton Guster (often called Gus), he manages to get hired and starts solving cases using his photographic memory and his observation skills.

Any comments?

Monk: I'm 100% sure that she probably killed him.
Stottlemeyer: What does that mean?
Monk: 95%...

I feel like Pepé Le Pew when he look up "pew" in the dictionary. *French accent* Le pew? Moi? Noo. -Shawn Spencer

*British accent* It's a bobble head Bobbie! *head bob* -Special Agen Seely Booth
Thain Peregrin Took I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 02:03 AM   #2
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

Well, I've just elected myself to be the passive thread commentary, since you suggested commentary.

Comments: This is one I have to watch finally.
Old 09-01-2006, 09:33 AM   #3
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

They attempted to blend "Monk" with "Dead Zone" and add slapstick comedy and racial diversity. What they got was a DUMB show which totally insults the psychic topic; IMO, of course.
Old 09-01-2006, 11:48 PM   #4
Thain Peregrin Took I
Thain of Randomness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
They attempted to blend "Monk" with "Dead Zone" and add slapstick comedy and racial diversity. What they got was a DUMB show which totally insults the psychic topic; IMO, of course.
I've never seen the Dead Zone, so I suppose I would know that it was based off of it. I personally thought it was pretty good (not as good as Monk, of course).

I feel like Pepé Le Pew when he look up "pew" in the dictionary. *French accent* Le pew? Moi? Noo. -Shawn Spencer

*British accent* It's a bobble head Bobbie! *head bob* -Special Agen Seely Booth
Old 09-02-2006, 12:00 AM   #5
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Well there you go, agreeing with half my position. At least you can relate to that.
Old 09-02-2006, 12:48 AM   #6
trolls' bane

Comments: The Dead Zone... What's that? I keep hearing of it. It's one of those shows that comes on in the morning, right? Oh well... I like USA because it has Law and Order Criminal Intent (with that detective everyone except me seems to hate) and of course my favorite, Monk. So, IYO, Psych is no good?
Old 09-02-2006, 11:19 AM   #7
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Briefly

Dead Zone airs on Sci-Fi channel usually on Friday nights but reruns happen other nights too.

Johnny Smith (Anthony Michael Hall) has been leading an idyllic small-town life... until the day his life is interrupted by a near fatal car crash that leaves him in a deep coma. Six years later, Johnny regains consciousness and discovers that life as he once knew it has completely changed. Johnny also finds himself in possession of amazing psychic powers which allow him to see into the lives of anyone he touches. Now, as Johnny attempts to reacquaint himself with a life he has been away from for six long years, he must also begin a quest to come to terms with his new abilities - abilities that may turn out to be both a blessing and a curse.

Based on the characters and story from the best-selling book by Stephen King.

more can be found at the web site:
http://www.usanetwork.com/series/the...eel/index.html
Old 09-03-2006, 11:06 PM   #8
trolls' bane

Comments: Thanks. Sounds interesting.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:48 PM   #9
Thain Peregrin Took I
Thain of Randomness

Quote:
Originally Posted by trolls' bane
So, IYO, Psych is no good?
Well personally I think it's good, funny, and worth watching. But as far as I see on the USA Network schedule, Psych isn't on until the new season starts in January, unless you want to wake up at 1 a.m. on Thursdays.

Old 09-05-2006, 11:37 PM   #10
trolls' bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thain Peregrin Took I
Well personally I think it's good, funny, and worth watching. But as far as I see on the USA Network schedule, Psych isn't on until the new season starts in January, unless you want to wake up at 1 a.m. on Thursdays.
Comment: Excellent...