Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-04-2002, 06:39 PM   #1
Feraway Hawkbriar
Elven Warrior

~*Roleplay planning thread: Deigned of Legend.*~

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!READ ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Title: Deigned worthy of Legend

Type: basic text, free-style. No dice. By invite only (however we are still in need of some people to play Frodo, Merry, Pippin and Samwise. Must have read books and be decent roleplayer. If interested, PM or E-mail me)

GM: Feraway Hawkbriar w/ special fuzzy helper, Gerbil

Start date: As soon as possible.

The Setup:

IT starts out in modern times(2001+), everything is exactly how it is, but diferent. The Elves have left middle earth(wich is now basicaly non-existant due to continental drift) and are, by now, thought to never have actually existed or be an extinct people. All of the most ancient histories of the world are lost.

Men have, for the most part, come to inherit the world, they are the main people out there. However Hobbits and Dwarves, instead of drifting out of existence, have come to be part of the common populace alongside the many races of men.

Notes: Tolkien- He NEVER existed in this world. (scary thought huh?)

The Story:

Some teens from the current time (You can pick whatever the races you want and hybrids are allowed, but lets not have too many k?) Get ahold of an ancient elven talisman and wind up being thrown back in time to the time just before, the war of the ring, where thay have to deal with the weird @$$ stuff(to them) that they are just not prepared to deal with in any way whatsoever.

People/charecters already on the play list.

Charecter played by Rogue Elf/
Name: Heather (RN)
Race: 1/2 Human, 1/2 Hobbit, (distant ancestry contains elves.
(cousin to Guinever)
Height: 5'6
Commonly wears: Anything snug, lots of light colors - mostly white, blue, & peach.
Eye color: Blue
Hair color/type: Blonde/straight

She is your fairly normal teenager, but has some oddities about her, such as a strong foretelling sense of whether something done in the present will bring on a good outcome or not, and for the most part is 90% of the time right.

Enjoys music, especially soft soothing tones. Has a deep love and yearning for the forests, but is torn between them and the ocean.

She's very feminine in most ways: likes make-up and shopping. Usually hates getting dirty, but it doesn't take long for her to begin not minding it. Quite the shy, mysterious sort of person until you get to know her, then she becomes open and loves talking a lot.

Charecter played by Sam/ Guinever
Name:Guinever
Nick:Gwenny,Gwen,
Race:1/2 human,1/2 Hobbit. Ancient ancestry contains elves
(cousin to heather)
Height:5 foot,5 inches
Hair color:Chocolate brown and naturally curly(Hobbit ancestry)
Eye color:Blue with golden highlights(a sign of her elvish ancestry)
Weight:Slender.
She loves to wear her swordfighting archery outfit which consists of breeches and a dark green tunic with dark brown leather belt around her waist. When in normal garb wears breeches cut at the knee and jeans rolled up at the ankle and largish t-shirts. Usually in her favorite colors. Gold,brown,green,white,blue,and red. She has large feet that refuse to fit into anything smaller then a size eight.
She loves livley irish music and horses. Her hobbies include swimming,writing stories,reading and figuring out geneologies and figuring out how distantly she is related to certain people. Has glasses and gold braces. She enjoys swordplay, archery, (She even belongs to a Ren-club so she can practice those hobbies on a regular basis) dancing and singing alongside the above mentioned hobbies.

Charecter played by FrodoFreind/
Name: Tanaquil (nickname)
Race: 3/4 Hobbit, 1/4 human
Height: 4' even!
Commonly wears: loose overalls w/ short legs, no shoes, toe ring
Eye color: Dark blue
Hair color/type: dark brown and wavy

Um . . . not ordinary, somewhat of a self-exiled social outcast. Doesn't care what people think or do. Wants to be left alone, mostly: "Live and let live." Loves music, specifically playing it (has a little flute with silver inlays). Likes to read and write stories or poetry. Likes the ocean, the plains, and the stars. Likes running. She takes what comes and makes the best of it. Hates crowds.

Thinks everything is funny and often has laughing fits for no apparent reason. Scares people with weirdness and odd sayings.

Okee dokee!!

Charecter played by Feraway Hawkbriar (ME!)/
Name: Briana (mah RN ^_^*)
Race: 1/4 hobbit 3/4 human.
Height: 4'5
Commonly wears: Anything dark, big fan of black.
Eye color: grey-blue
Hair color/type: blond/strait

The only thing that really defines her as haveing some hobbit herritage is her pointed ears and prefrence for going around barefoot, shoes bother the hell outta her.

She's a music lover to the core, though she hates the heavy metal and rap. She has a special love the 'Moulan Rouge' movie soundtrack. You'll never find her anywhere without her portable CD player.

Very much a tomboy, and a little eccentric. Refuses to wear dresses of any kind. She's a tough chic and just dosnt take **** from people, she's seen her fair share of school-yard fights.

loves Invader ZIM.

Charecter played by Jersey Devil/
Gandalf

(If you dont know who he is, then you're in the wrong corner of the net.)

Charecter/s Played by Churl/
Bilbo Baggins + some other charecters wich are yet to be thought up.
Charecters played by Wayfarer/
Name:Seanen [given name]
Race: human (?)
Hair: brown.
eyes: brown
Clothing:Black or grey clothes.

He's a student, and in his spare time a tinkerer, linguist, and historian. All around scholarly type of guy. A bit of a history buff, he's especially into elven legends and things of that nature. Not a very... er, sociable guy. His past is a bit of a mystery.

AND

Frodo Baggins
(c'mon, you know who he is, dontcha?)
FRODO LIVES!

AND

Name:Edrandir (the Far Traveled)
hair:Brown
Race: Elf
Eyes: green
Clothing: white, blue, and grey clothes.

Youngish looking. An elven wayfarer. He's well acquainted with survival, and travel. Very good at concealment and subterfuge, scouting, etc. Master swordsman (his weapon is silring). Also does a bit of magic... but mostly it's not noticeable. He's got a very involved past, which includes the War of Wrath and the Last Alliance... but he doesn't like to talk about it. Very caring and sentimental... a bit of a 'hero', but not likely to put himself in noticeable positions

Charecter played by Nazgul Queen/
Name: Kalomë
Race: Dunadain
Height: 5'8"
Commonly wears: Green forest garb with an elven cloak and leaf clasp, bow and arrows and a sword.
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Long, dark brown, slightly wavy

A daughter of the Dunadain, she grew up in Imladris among the elves. A studier of elven law and a fine horseback rider and warrior, she enjoys reading, singing, riding her horse Wathalion, wandering through the woodlands of middleearth and talking with people of all races.
Fluent in many middleearth languages, she is most often employed as a guide for travellers through the forests when she is not studying and fighting in the war.

Last edited by Feraway Hawkbriar : 02-06-2002 at 06:02 PM.
Feraway Hawkbriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2002, 07:26 PM   #2
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

Change my Race to: 2/4 Human, 1/4 Hobbit, 1/4 Unknown (distant ancestors include Elves on both sides)

And no, she doesn't know about her Elvish ancestory.

And may I suggest a title? Doesn't matter if anyone likes it, just a suggestion: "Deigned of Legend" (deign means 'to find worthy').

Hey, Wayfarer isn't gonna be in this, is he? *sulks* And I was beginning to like to old Wizard... *sniffs* ...I miss his sarcastic, angry, yelling voice...

Last edited by Rána Eressëa : 02-04-2002 at 07:59 PM.
Rána Eressëa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2002, 07:32 PM   #3
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
Ok. I'm here. *sits down and waits*So what are we waiting for. I did mention my Age didn't I? If I didn't I'm 14. Hey Rogue can you tell me how you got your character picture under your name? Just wondering and where did you find one small enough to fit?
Thanks
the breathless
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
Radically Saved, Totally Tolkienited
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
samwise of the shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2002, 07:52 PM   #4
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

I cut out the head of Feraway's drawing of me, then I shrunk it to be no more than 60 x 60 pixels (it's 56 x 51 to be exact) in Paint Shop Pro.

How did I get it there? Go to the very top of the page by the big Entmoot sign and look to the right where there's seven bright green buttons. The first top left one says "User CP". Click that. When that pages loads, click "Edit Options". Scroll down to the bottom of that page and the last thing should be "Avatar". Click the big grey button that says "Change Avatar". Scroll down to where it says "Custom Avatars", select "yes" to the right, then enter the URL of where it's from, or if it's on your computer, click "Upload", find the file on your computer, click "Open", then click "Submit Modifications". Then you should have your little avatar

It has to be no more than 60 x 60 pixels, though, which, if you know how, you can easily shrink a large pic to be small and upload it.
Old 02-04-2002, 08:00 PM   #5
Feraway Hawkbriar
Elven Warrior

mmmmkay! ^_^

RE- I've changed the race. And yes, IT doe need a title. The one you suggested sounds good.

Sam- ok your profile looks great I sent you a reply in PM regaurding a very minor add on to it I think might be good to have.

"what are we waiting for?"

well theres still some charecter info I need from some other people and I have a little more research to do. We'll be starting soon tho.
Old 02-04-2002, 08:34 PM   #6
Gerbil
Elf Lord

OK famous Gerbil of Legend is here to help any and all young attractive girls. Which covers all of you, I'm happy to report

Regarding avatar pics - I like the idea of you all using Miss Feraway's pics, and if you have any probs let me know and I'll sort out the images for you. In fact for you guys if you have any particular requests for avatar pics let me know and I'll knock them up for you

I'm labelled as Miss Feraway's helper - what this quite means yet I don't think either of us has worked out. Suffice to say since the aim of this is to be serious I will try to keep my dirty old pedophile syndrome to the background (thanks FF .

From now on, I will try to be serious in this thread.

Therefore now I say unto thee, may you all safely reach your journies end.

*bows*
Old 02-04-2002, 08:52 PM   #7
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

Alrighty, Gerbil's cool now Just live up to your words and all's cool.

Oh, sweet, you like my title? I feel so loved and appreciated

Oh, yeah, Feraway, feed the ego. LOL.

So...when do I get to start being serious?

Last edited by Rána Eressëa : 02-04-2002 at 08:56 PM.
Old 02-05-2002, 12:13 AM   #8
Feraway Hawkbriar
Elven Warrior

*sigh*...mmmmmkay.. This is a notice of genetic...stuff.

Upon reading my biology book, I realized that with the elven blood being so old (we're talking BILLIONS of years here), it really wouldnt even count as a fraction. After so many generations, yeah, that blood is still there, but its so thin that you wouldnt know unless a genetic wild card turned up (as sometimes happens) producing elven traits.

Now, I would also like to point out that Man and elf Unions were very very VERY rare. So, it would be rather awkward for there to be 2 people of that particular mix of heritage in this game. HOWEVER we CAN quik fix this.

Option 1.)RE, SAM in the game you could both have the elven heritage if you're charecters are related. I was thinking something along the line of cousins.

Option-2.)If you two dont want to be related in the game, then I have to let RE be the only one with elven heritage, because she asked first.

So, what'll it be?
Old 02-05-2002, 02:13 AM   #9
FrodoFriend
Halfwitted

As 3/4 Hobbit, do I get slightly pointy ears? It wouldn't be that noticable in our world.

"Deigned of Legend"? I think you'd have to actually say "Deigned Worthy of Legend". At least, I've never heard 'deigned' without an adjective right after it (i.e. 'worthy', 'fit', etc.), it's not really used that way.

Anyway, when can we get started?

The Crossroads of Arda - Warning. Halfwit content. Not appropriate for people with IQ of over 18.

The Fellowship of the Message Board

Nyáréonié - The Tale of Tears

Last edited by FrodoFriend : 02-05-2002 at 02:25 AM.
FrodoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2002, 09:33 AM   #10
Gerbil
Elf Lord

Is being pure human so bad?

Any non-human blood will be so diluted as to have no effect whatsoever. Certainly if there IS any effect it'll be Miss Feraway who decides it, not you people - who will not KNOW of your heritage.

I think you are all trying to start with too many assumptions about the past - surely it is up to Miss Feraway to reveal in her own good time your links to the past you will soon find yourself in?
Old 02-05-2002, 01:36 PM   #11
Feraway Hawkbriar
Elven Warrior

FF- You can have as pointy of ears as you want. My char is only 1/4 hobbit and she has pointed ears. And i'll fix the title. I guess I didnt quite get what RE was saying at first, Till now I hadnt actually heard that word at all.

GG- well its not ALL non-human blood that would be that diluted, only that from elves. Remember, in this version of the modern world, hobbits and dwarves are part of the common populace.

Minor historical note: Mixing between races didnt become very common till the 70's. Before then it was VERY uncommon for hybrids to occur and generally VERY frowned apon.

Modern note: hybrids occure mostly on the coasts where society is much more liberal.

EITED AD ON- We'll start as soon as I get a few other peoples Bios straitened out. I'm sorry this is takeing so long.

Last edited by Feraway Hawkbriar : 02-05-2002 at 02:24 PM.
Old 02-05-2002, 02:05 PM   #12
Gerbil
Elf Lord

Although presumably they don't refer to themselves as hybrids?
Old 02-05-2002, 02:12 PM   #13
Feraway Hawkbriar
Elven Warrior

No no no, Course not.
Old 02-05-2002, 03:49 PM   #14
Gerbil
Elf Lord

Then how do they refer to themselves?
Old 02-05-2002, 03:57 PM   #15
Feraway Hawkbriar
Elven Warrior

uuuuhhhhh.....got me on that one. hrmmm..thats something I hadnt thought of...

...I'd guess it would be some sort of slang...hrmmm. *ponders* Any suggestions?
Old 02-05-2002, 04:26 PM   #16
Wayfarer
The Insufferable

Heh. I'll play... but do you want my Rl self (Seanen) or me Elf self (Edrandir)

Both are sweet, friendly, intelligent guys, but Edrandir is about a foot and a half taller, better looking, and good with a sword. Seanen [shannon] is a leet haxxor and and engineer/loremaster type...
Old 02-05-2002, 04:49 PM   #17
Feraway Hawkbriar
Elven Warrior

Uuuhh, welllll..if you played the elf one, you wouldnt come into the story till waaaaaay later in the game. If at all.You'd be a standby charecter, meaning that you only apear if the story heads that way. wich it might or might not. I dont know.

If you wanted to play your RL self, you'd only apear for maybe the first little part of the game cause the people who are going back in time have already been chosen...and stuff....

You could even play more than one if you wanted. One for one part of the game and another for the later part.

I should also mention we're in REAL need for some people to play hobbits from the books ( Merry ,Sam, ect)

ack!, finding places for new charecters is getting tricky @_@*headache headache*

NOTICE: with the exception of Wayfarer, no new players will be permitted unless they're going to play hobbits from the books.

Last edited by Feraway Hawkbriar : 02-05-2002 at 05:17 PM.
Old 02-05-2002, 05:16 PM   #18
Gerbil
Elf Lord

I could play as some of the characters - make them kind of NPC but part of the action?

Would mean they could be used to 'steer' the story slightly, rather than just let it run randomly or be 'forced' by the GM into a particular root?
Old 02-05-2002, 05:19 PM   #19
Feraway Hawkbriar
Elven Warrior

what does NPC mean?
Old 02-05-2002, 05:42 PM   #20
Feraway Hawkbriar
Elven Warrior

ohhh..wait wait wait. ok I get what you mean. Sorry about that last post , Gerbil. I wasnt quite sure what you meant.

ok yeah, that would be fine. But lets see if if theres anyone else interested first, that way you dont have to worry about it.

Last edited by Feraway Hawkbriar : 02-05-2002 at 05:58 PM.