Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-15-2004, 12:46 PM   #1
Twista
Orodruin's Flame

RoTK Dvd

Its already availible for pre order:

http://www.dvdconcept.com/?page=shop...9&category_id=

it only says TBA on the realease date though. anyone got a rough idea?

Visit the Ye Olde Avatar Shop and The New One

Dont tell me what I cannot do

Two men are on a Island, they both see a "monster", one sees a bright light, and the other sees a dark cloud

My name bares no reference to the music artist.
Twista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 03:24 PM   #2
Telcontar
Enting

I downloaded a screen cam version of it. Not that good though. Picture is pretty good, audio sucks. I still plan on buying the theatrical and EE versions of ROTK though. This is just to hold me over before the DVD's released. Already seen it twice in the theater and plan on maybe seeing it again. Although I don't justify going to the theater much anymore b/c everytime I go it seems like the prices are raised. It's now $8.50 and $6.50 (matinee) here in Phoenix.
Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 04:15 PM   #3
Twista
Orodruin's Flame

yeh my mate lent me a downloaded one too, cuts off the last 20 mins though, really not good lol. Plus, the soiund goes out of sink with the video now and again, and i cant be bothered editing to fix it lol. Ive seen it 3 times now, i get student discount so it works out as £3, or about $5.40? lol... i think. i cant wait though, im guessing june/july for the theatrical dvd.

Two men are on a Island, they both see a "monster", one sees a bright light, and the other sees a dark cloud

Old 01-15-2004, 05:45 PM   #4
Thorin II
Elven Warrior

While we're on the subject, does anyone know if the ROTK: EE is slated for November-ish? That seems to be PJ's normal timeframe, but since he doesn't have another movie coming out in December, he could take more time.

I realize it's a long way off...
Old 01-15-2004, 07:00 PM   #5
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Originally posted by Thorin II
While we're on the subject, does anyone know if the ROTK: EE is slated for November-ish? That seems to be PJ's normal timeframe, but since he doesn't have another movie coming out in December, he could take more time.

I realize it's a long way off...

I would say yes, because he is starting work on the King Kong script...
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Dúnedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 07:13 PM   #6
Twista
Orodruin's Flame

meh king kong. cant be doing with that. i think PJ should have retired after LoTR, or after hes done (of IF) the Hobbit. I think it would be better that way lol. Just so the whole idea of his theory 'lord of the rings is real, and thats how i directed it, as if it was part of our history' going on....

Old 01-16-2004, 02:48 PM   #7
b.banner
Elf Lord

Location: Trying to keep a hold on my temper so I don't turn into a big green guy.
i dont think it is real because one time i saw something about the starwars trilogy dvds and every body says they are not out
"We are going to tickle some Aes Sedai under the chin, rescue a mule, and put a snip-nosed girl on the Lion Throne. Oh, yes. That's Aviendha. Don't look at her cross-wise or she'll try to cut your throat and probably slit her own by mistake."-Mat Cauthon from Wheel of Time

"Don't make me angry, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry...."-Dr. Bruce Banner
HULK
BATMAN
THE FLASH
b.banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 08:55 PM   #8
Gerbil
Elf Lord

Or you could come here where they are already openly selling reasonable quality pirates of RotK.
Life´s like that I guess...