Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-13-2003, 01:39 PM   #1
gimli-son-of-gloin13
Elven Warrior

Teachers in my school

My teacher last year was really opinionated and wanted every one in my class to think the same as she did. She wanted every one to belive in God and be a Christian. She talked about every day and I think she could have gotten fired. But mostly the reason I want her to be fired is because she was talking about mixed marriges. A couple of days earlier a boy had just moved here and was in that class when she was having the conversation. She called the children of mixed marriges "Oreos." He was so pissed! She also chooses favorites. Some kids she likes, some she is just mean to, and others like me she just pays no attention to. One of my friends was in her class about 6 years ago, and she was one of the kids Mrs. Piquero hated.

Another teacher in my school hurt her kids sometimes. My friend was a witness, she hit a boy with his scarf and also pushed a desk on top of a girl. She also picked favorites.

In your opinion, should these teachers have been fired?

Do you have any personality disorders, click here and see!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://public.findlaw.com/states_new.html

Find your rights as a student!
gimli-son-of-gloin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 02:03 PM   #2
Arien the Maia
Fëanáro's Fire Mistress

I would say fired or at least suspended! I mean calling people "Oreos" is mean and rude! a teacher should know better
Arien the Maia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 04:07 PM   #3
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

Um, well unless they are new teachers, it is very hard to get a teacher fired - or even suspended. They have job security. Tenure. Possible, but a real pain to try to get one fired.

I've had some real monsters (teachers), but there is not much that you can do about it.

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
HOBBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 04:08 PM   #4
Sylvee Estel
Elven Warrior

I think those teachers should be fired. If they were at my school they defiantely would be anyway. Our school has gone completely off the edge with harassment. Last year, at another school in our county, some kids got verbally harassed somehow, I'm not sure on the story, anyway now, if I call my best friend stupid, even if I'm just joking, and a teacher hears it, then they have to turn me in for harassment. Then I would get suspended, or possibly even expelled. If you were to like stare at someone, without intending to stare out them, or even if you didn't realize you were staring at them, you would be turned in for harassment. I think this is going a bit overboard if you ask me.
Old 08-13-2003, 04:21 PM   #5
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

are you kidding me?? mocking a kid for his race and pushing your religious values on kids in a school? are you sure you dont go to school in afghanistan?? if this is happening in america in a public school setting then time for your mom to call the school board that kind of behavior shouldnt last a second. ive been in public schools and you get in deep crap nowadays just for TOUCHING a kid let alone pushing a desk on one. thats too bizarre to even begin to comment on. if all that stuff happened yeah tell yer mom to get in touch with the principle and the regional superintendant and the school board. thats unforgivable.

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 06:12 PM   #6
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

I agree with IR - that is completely unacceptable behavior for a teacher. They should not be pushing their personal beliefs on students. Making deragatory comments about mixed marriages is even more outrageous. Where do you live? It just seems so outrageous. How old is the teacher - does she still live back in the 50's??? I would go to the priniciple and complain - try getting other students involved. If you do a report - do it on mixed marriages and YOUR feelings on the subject.

A teacher in my high school hit a student - she was given a choice - be fired or quit. She chose to quit. I went to a private school - so it might be easier to fire a teacher from there than it is to fire a teacher from a public school. But I think at the very least - your teacher should receive some disciplinary action - if not fired.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2003, 02:20 AM   #7
elvishfaerie3088
Elven Warrior

Ya, find a way to get her fired or at least suspended. That is totally wrong like IR said. And you should get ppl in her class to sign a piece of paper stating that they've seen or heard these remarks and such so that way you do have ppl backing you up. And that teacher must have a thing against oreo's too! I like oreo's there's nothing wrong with oreo's or mixed marriages, i honestly thing it's great, good for them, they've found someone they love and can share their life with so what's the problem? OH ya and like someone else said sorry can't remember and don't want to look who get an adult in on this like your mom or dad or just an adult you trust.
Jack: "Monkey!"
"It's captain Jack Sparrow, captain..."
"If you were waiting for the opportune moment that was it."
Red coat, "Impersonating a judge."
Jack: (Oh, ya that was fun look on his face)
"Do us a favour...i know it's hard...but stay here and try not to do...anything...stupid."
"Yes...but why is the rum gone?!"
"WELL IT BLOODY IS NOW!"

*~~Elvish Faerie~~*
elvishfaerie3088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2003, 04:18 PM   #8
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

The "Oreo" thing is way out of order and is definitely ample grounds for her being fired.
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2003, 05:44 PM   #9
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

except that this happened last school year, right?

So waiting all this time would just make it that much harder to get her fired..... in any event it wouldn't help! You should report things when they happen - not several months later.

Obviously no one tried to get her fired - or if they did it didn't work.

School starts again in a few weeks

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
HOBBIT is offline   Reply With Quote