Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-24-2001, 06:35 PM   #1
IronParrot

New Fellowship trailer!

It arrives tomorrow in front of most (but not all) prints of Pearl Harbor, and presumably on the official site as well.

TOR.N and some other sites have already reported on what's in the trailer but I haven't read any of those reports yet... I want to see the thing first.

See you on this thread tomorrow.
Old 05-25-2001, 01:56 PM   #2
Darth Tater

Re: New Fellowship trailer!

Well, it sounds awesome, but the image is terrible with real player! Gah, I can't wait for a downloadable version.
Old 05-25-2001, 05:12 PM   #3
anduin

Gollum speaks!

Oh man, if that doesn't give you the shivers, I don't know what will.
Old 05-25-2001, 08:41 PM   #4
Darth Tater

Re: Gollum speaks!

Probably a version where I can see what's going on
Old 05-25-2001, 08:49 PM   #5
Darth Tater

aintitcoolnews.com has links to quicktime versions of the trailer, though no full screen yet
Old 05-25-2001, 09:58 PM   #6
anduin

You know, if you make the screen larger and stand back some, it's not too bad.
Old 05-26-2001, 01:00 AM   #7
IronParrot

Actually, for once RealPlayer's working fine for me!
Old 05-26-2001, 05:05 AM   #8
anduin

I downloaded one of the QT versions and it was much darker and hard to distinguish what was going on. Hopefully they will come out with a full screen version that is a TRUE QT version....not just a copy of the RP one in QT format.

What I don't understand is why New Line would opt for a Real Player version. They have to be aware that it is inferior to QT.

Also, I tried to take a screen capture in the QT version and in came up blank, but I didn't have any trouble making a capture in the RP version. Does anyone know why that may be?
Old 05-26-2001, 10:21 AM   #9
Fat middle

anduin, money is the answer to your questions.

and yes, at last this is a really good trailer!!! but RealPlayer doesn't work well enough for me

tokien-movies.com has mpeg (640x480, 33MB) version, but it's too slow to download (at least from Spain)
Old 05-26-2001, 10:51 AM   #10
Fat middle

i downloaded the RealPlayer version (5MB, 320x130). well enough, but not large enough
Old 05-26-2001, 12:05 PM   #11
noldo

Guys, guys, you're only talking about how to download the trailer and in what form...

Talk about the trailer! I thought it was amazing! Very beautiful shots and great dialogue by Gandalf, Frodo, Aragorn, Boromir, Legolas and Elrond. Oh, and Liv Tyler was just great, excellent. I was little freaked out about the first image of Gandalf in the trailer... He's been on to a lot of stress lately so that will explain many things.

I've been watching it all day!

Check out movie-list.com for proper versions.
Old 05-26-2001, 01:33 PM   #12
anduin

FM....Money, that is what I was thinking too. Well, all I can say, is they didn't get their moneys worth!

Noldo.....you are absolutely right!
From the beginning, the chills were slowly building up, until the point when Gollum speaks, then the chills completely washed over me. I actually cried...not balling or anything....just emotional. How nutty is that?

Is the music used in the trailer from Shore's score? I hope so, it is perfect. It reminds me a lot of Peter Gabriel's Passion (the soundtrack from The Last Temptation of Christ).
Old 05-26-2001, 02:17 PM   #13
noldo

Yes, absolutely. Tears started to run down my cheeks as well after Gollum (I guess it's not that nutty then). When the haunting music started more wilder. There were so many beautiful scenes. I especially loved the ones with Arwen and Aragorn kissing and Frodo and Arwen being chased to the Ford. OoooOooH...
Old 05-26-2001, 02:18 PM   #14
Darth Tater

Now that I have QT version on my desktop I just make it big and sit back, waiting for the high quality one though.

I think there's no doubt about it, the movies will be almost perfect visually. That shot of the company standing together at the Counsel of Elrond (?) is, I think, our best look yet at hobbits and people together, and drooooooooool.

However, we still don't know if the story telling is any good.
Old 05-26-2001, 04:37 PM   #15
Fat middle

ditto
Old 05-27-2001, 11:05 PM   #16
Film Hobbit

ARGH!!! I'm really ticked off. I called my neighborhood theatre before I went to make CERTAIN they were showing the LOTR Trailer in front of Pearl Harbor. They said yes. So I went, Pearl Harbor sucked and to top it off they showed the OLD LOTR trailer.

What a sucky night.

Well I downloaded it and watched it, but its just not the same.
Old 05-27-2001, 11:18 PM   #17
anduin

Sorry 'bout that, FH. :(

Quote:
That shot of the company standing together at the Counsel of Elrond (?) is, I think, our best look yet at hobbits and people together, and drooooooooool.
I agree. It is a total trip to see them together. They have always been small in my mind, but for some reason I never pictured them next to men. So seeing them together in that shot was just plain cool. Just think of those who have never read or experienced LOTR. What will they think of these little beings accomplishing so much?
Old 05-28-2001, 12:41 AM   #18
Inoldonil

Re: Sorry 'bout that, FH. :(

The file is not supported by AOL Media Player.
$30 for RealPlayer.
Old 05-28-2001, 12:55 AM   #19
anduin

One more reason to dislike RealPlayer.

Real Player 8 Basic is all that you need. Their site makes it confusing to find the basic player download...it is like they are trying to trick you into purchasing the upgrade.

Go here, give them some basic info and click download. Oh yeah....it's FREE!
Old 05-28-2001, 03:49 PM   #20
Darth Tater

Re: One more reason to dislike RealPlayer.

Don't bother if you already have basic folks, the new perks aren't worth your time